Dom Amore: For UConn football, a disheartening loss with devastating implications (Courant) | The Boneyard

Dom Amore: For UConn football, a disheartening loss with devastating implications (Courant)

Reaction Score
Mora’s comments on the play calling pretty damning.
Mora wasn't involved with the play calling 4 and 2? I agree with him but he's the head coach. Half time adjustments?

Reaction Score
Talk about a perfect play call look at the defensive alignment on the QB run featured in the video. Empty backfield, LBs spread outside the DEs, no one in the middle. Not sure if Yates was on a stunt at LDE but looked like he tried to get to the QB as he broke the line. A high school staff would have seen that as a gift from the opponent.

Reaction Score
This is a Herb Brooks moment. You ephing run these guys into the ground until half drop and whoever drops ain’t playing again. You set up midnight lifting sessions all week. You go full contact starting Monday. You make each guy fight man to man to see who wants it more. No more it’s nice they get along BS. This is about want.

Reaction Score
This is a Herb Brooks moment. You ephing run these guys into the ground until half drop and whoever drops ain’t playing again. You set up midnight lifting sessions all week. You go full contact starting Monday. You make each guy fight man to man to see who wants it more. No more it’s nice they get along BS. This is about want.
That's an easy way to totally lose a team in 2023

Reaction Score
I think it is certainly an odd gameplan to run your pocket passing QB against a team that gave up 400 yards in the air to an FCS team last week. Something seriously odd is going on in the coaching room.
That's the thing that really gets me. We had a really bad game plan against GAST. We made them look way better than they were.

They're actually a very similar team to us in terms of offensive and defensive schemes. How they played us was how I wanted us to play them. Stack the box and make them pass because they want to run first. Throw the ball more because their DBs are playing a vanilla, cover-2 scheme while they get used to a new DC.

It's no coincidence in my mind, that we starting doing better when Roberson was in, not just because he's a more dynamic player, but because he passed the ball 30 times and JF only had 9 attempts.

Reaction Score
This is on the whole coaching staff. GSU made us look bad in all phases.

Reaction Score
Somebody watched Swamp Kings

Reaction Score
That's the thing that really gets me. We had a really bad game plan against GAST. We made them look way better than they were.

They're actually a very similar team to us in terms of offensive and defensive schemes. How they played us was how I wanted us to play them. Stack the box and make them pass because they want to run first. Throw the ball more because their DBs are playing a vanilla, cover-2 scheme while they get used to a new DC.

It's no coincidence in my mind, that we starting doing better when Roberson was in, not just because he's a more dynamic player, but because he passed the ball 30 times and JF only had 9 attempts.
Mora did say we called the wrong plays on offense.. I wonder if Charlton forgot his play sheet tailored to Joe F.. and was rather using the play sheet tailored to Roberson;)

Reaction Score
That's an easy way to totally lose a team in 2023
100% correct. Kids today are soft and wouldn’t be able to handle the heavy hand coaching. This team will need some coddling after getting their butts beat.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
We have to move on from every game being life or death with conference realignment.
I agree. My issue is more the lack of heart the players demonstrated.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They saw how Georgia State squeeked past URI and thought UConn is better than URI. They were wrong.
That's the thing, isn't it? URI put up 35 points on these guys.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom