Dom Amore: A win at Army makes UConn football even more bowl attractive, adds next chapter to Jim Mora’s storybook season (Courant) | The Boneyard

Dom Amore: A win at Army makes UConn football even more bowl attractive, adds next chapter to Jim Mora’s storybook season (Courant)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
And this year’s team believes in itself. That was missing before.

For the last regular-season game, Mora and the Huskies are on the road, to face Army, a program that beat them 59-21 at Michie Stadium last year. The Knights are not the same team they were then, they’re 3-6 and losses to Air Force and Troy State the last two games have knocked them out of bowl contention, opening up a spot for an independent or “pool” candidate like UConn. The Huskies’ defense, which has bent plenty but broken much less often in their wins, will have to contain Army’s sophisticated triple-option offense, and it will not be easy.

But then one of Mora’s mantras has been “hard things are hard.” Army’s offense was too hard for UConn in 2021, as was Fresno State’s, but what was so hard between 2016 and 2021 has been doable for these Huskies

Reaction Score
Don Amore can write. Really good article. I am (may be naively) sold on Jim Mora HC. Athletic Dave's hiring of Jim Mora was a masterstroke eliminating his other bad hires.

Reaction Score
I read the words loyalty and legacy. I think Mora sees that it's going to take a good 5 years to build a solid foundation.

If he were to leave early, in my opinion, he would look just like every other coach who blows smoke.

He's got a beautiful new wife and I just don't see him leaving to start over somewhere else at 65ish.

I just get the feeling that Mora is a really good guy.

Reaction Score
Athletic Dave's hiring of Jim Mora was a masterstroke eliminating his other bad hires.
With all due respect your comment says he has made more than one bad hire. He did make one that I know of due to UConn financial constraints and the past achievements from said individual. Many would have and did buy into that.
Then going from naively sold on JM to it being a masterstroke of a hire. Just curious on who the other bad hires are? Confused?

Back to the thread topic. Got tickets three weeks ago, a friend and fan got his today, the box office at UConn told him there was only 187 left. Sounds like we may have a battalion to a brigade attending the game. ;)
All due respect to Army and will never down them, all my cheers in sports are behind UConn.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom