Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people' | Page 37 | The Boneyard

Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people'

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Solar Eclipse GIF by NASA
Understood. Damn.

Reaction Score
My bad guys, I want less accomplishments for the program. I hope we never get a number one pick or number one recruit. I’m so sorry for being so stupid as to want the publicity that comes along with that. Silly me, wanting more for this program. I’m sorry, I’ll just be content with status quo, losing on generational talent that would boost the status of the program. I’m so dumb.
Apology accepted.

Reaction Score
It’s rare around here that people admit when they are wrong, kudos to him

Reaction Score
1 game overreaction. (Repeated)

Dereck Lively… don’t go to Duke as a top recruit. Looked phenomenal today. Didn’t see that with his Dook coaching.

Flip looked great too last year…

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
@HuskyWarrior611 considering this was the UM NIL thread…pretty ironic they are too noble to fully embrace NIL. Sorry I had to.
Yea I get it lol… Ryan Day is a pansie who can’t handle losing and the NCAA hates Harbaugh because he’s promoting splitting TV revenue with the players is most of the word on the UM side. But this isn’t a great look publicly.

Most coaches are saying it’s really not a big deal though. Lol

It’d be crazy to get a big punishment over this during potentially one of the best stretches in school history.

Reaction Score
Yea I get it lol… Ryan Day is a pansie who can’t handle losing and the NCAA hates Harbaugh because he’s promoting splitting TV revenue with the players is most of the word on the UM side. But this isn’t a great look publicly.

Most coaches are saying it’s really not a big deal though. Lol

It’d be crazy to get a big punishment over this during potentially one of the best stretches in school history.

If UGA falters I am rooting for you guys. Can’t stand tOSU either. I do think giving USCe the signs for Clemson and UT to help block them from the playoff changes things, if proven.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
If UGA falters I am rooting for you guys. Can’t stand tOSU either. I do think giving USCe the signs for Clemson and UT to help block them from the playoff changes things, if proven.
If we can’t win this year then I don’t know how we’ll ever win. Harbaugh couldn’t make a better team and JJ has been lights out this year. Most contenders are breaking in a new QB too, (UGA, OSU, Bama, etc.)

I haven’t looked too much into the signs thing (cause I feel like it’s bs) but we were giving signs to other teams too? It just seems like a lot. With the way we’ve been playing I can’t see us being scared to play other teams like that. ESPECIALLY Clemson. They’re such underachievers. Tennesse also doesn’t need help to not make the playoffs.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Harbaugh leaves if the NCAA is riding him on these very minor violations while teams are out here straight up buying and tampering players with nothing being done about it.

Reaction Score
Dom Amore’s Sunday Read: Why Cooper Flagg fits UConn’s model of ‘basketball people;’ Becky Hammon’s Willimantic roots, Jim Mora drifts into terrible territory, and more

Backdoor

A Hoosiers/Hickory story, Maine style. This is the basketball environment in which Flagg, who transferred to Montverde Academy in Florida, and his brother, Ace, grew up playing. Anderson, who had won Nokomis’ only girls state championship as coach 20 years earlier, considers himself an old-school coach.

“So Cooper has no problem with old-school coaching, I can tell you that,” he said.

All this should only serve to make UConn fans, and the coaches, all the more anxious to add Flagg, 6 feet 8, considered the top prospect in the Class of 2024, to the Huskies’ realm. Two years ago, UConn would have had little chance. Flagg considered Duke his dream school.

Now, having visited UConn three weeks ago and canceled a scheduled visit to Kansas, Anderson considers it a “toss-up.” Flagg, visiting Duke this weekend, is expected to make his decision as early as next week. Recently, TV analyst Frank Isola, who has a radio show with Flagg’s mentor Brian Scalabrine, predicted Dan Hurley’s Huskies would come away with him. Just “something he heard.”

“Danny Hurley is spot-on with that,” Anderson said. “Cooper is all about the basketball. The hype, when you’re as good as he is, everybody in the world can see highlights, the hype comes with it. But Cooper is not in it for the hype. He deals with it really well. He has a great family and is very grounded. Even every game here, there were times when he said, ‘Coach, have (the media) talk to somebody else.’ He’s not in it for the limelight, he is just basketball through and through.”
Not so famous last words...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom