Dolson vs. Buck | The Boneyard

Dolson vs. Buck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lots of discussion about Heather this morning. Has had two great games in a row, Steph was terrible, etc. yada yada yada.
Yes, Buck is playing her best ever right now, no question. i agree but that's not saying much; no points as in zero, goose egg, 0.
We can't go against the best with one dimensional players.
Baylor ignores Buck on offense, and her teamates score less when she is out there.
If she scores just five points we win outright or at least go into OT.
Look how Kelly has improved her offense lately.

Reaction Score
While it may be true that UConn had less scorers on the floor with Buck, the notion that UConn scored less is not born out by the facts.

Can't say with absolutely certainty as I'm not seeing substitutions in ESPN's "play-by-play" box score, but I'd place a significant wager that UConn easily scored more points (pts per minute? pts per second?) in the first half with Buck on the floor than with Dolson. Offense is not only about shooting. It's about ball and player movement within the offense, screens, and offensive rebounding.

The second half may not be as reflective as Buck was not really given minutes, and therefore was not afforded the opportunity to establish any sort of rhythm.

Reaction Score
What you are willfully ignoring is that HB neutralized BG's offense for the most part in effect making the offense's four on four and if I'm not mistaken when HB came into the game we were 7 points down and when she was taken out at that point we had the lead. Kelly always plays great but 5 points from a player of here talent is not much to write home about. and if between Doty (who scored zero points as well) and Faris had they scored six more points and that is not much for those two we would have won the game. HB played way better "D" than SD did and SD scored what 6 or 8 points but BG scored at will on SD to the tune of 25 or so points, not so much on HB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom