Dolson & KML Selected to WBCA All-Region I Team | The Boneyard

Dolson & KML Selected to WBCA All-Region I Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky4Life

ibleedblue
Reaction Score
ATLANTA - Junior center Stefanie Dolson and sophomore forward Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis have each been honored as All-Region I selections as announced by the Women’s Basketball Coaches Association on Tuesday. The selection committee will select the 10-member WBCA Division I Coaches’ All-America Team from these 52 candidates. The 2013 WBCA Division I Coaches’ All-America Team will be announced at 1:10 p.m. CT Saturday April 6, during NCAA Women’s Final Four Super Saturday festivities in New Orleans Arena.

University of Connecticut women’s basketball has now had a total of 46 WBCA All-Region selections since 1986. 2012-13 marks the 15th time UConn has had multiple All-Region picks.

Dolson enters the NCAA Tournament second on the team in scoring at 14.5 points per game and leading the Huskies at 7.0 rebounds per contest. The Port Jervis, N.Y. native was honored as a First Team All-BIG EAST selection and is currently second nationally with a .594 field goal percentage. Dolson, a member of the 2013 BIG EAST All-Tournament Team, was honored as the BIG EAST Player of the Week twice and the United States Basketball Writers Association National Player of the Week once this year.

Mosqueda-Lewis is UConn's leading scorer at 17.5 points per game and leads the nation in 3-point field goal percentage at .505. A unanimous selection to the All-BIG EAST First Team, she enters the NCAA Tournament four 3-point field goals shy of establishing a new single-season school record.
LINK

Reaction Score
Are the positions listed correct? Are all those players really guards except Dolson? I would think at least Achonwa and Shenneika Smith would be listed as forwards.

:confused:

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Only 1 sophomore on the list--and she's ours!

There's only 1 sophomore in Region 1, but there are 7 other regions: LINK

Bashara Graves (Tennessee) was the only freshman to make the list. The other sophomores were Elizabeth Williams (Duke), Crystal Bradford (Central Michigan), and Rachel Banham (Minnesota).

Reaction Score
f there's one commitment in the 2011 class that might define the word impact, it would be this 6-1 guard's decision to continue her career at Central Michigan following her high school graduation. Playing for Top Ten out of Michigan, Bradford convincingly demonstrated why she's ranked 29th in the 2011 class by ESPN HoopGurlz. Her individual skills allow her to create her own looks time and again both in the halfcourt and in transition. She has both the size and athleticism to be a challenging matchup for any defender. While she can get to the rim almost at will, she also has one of the few "true" jumpers that you'll see in the gym. Her pull-up is effective off penetration but deeper on the perimeter as well. Defensively she's active and aggressive on ball but takes a few chances at times leaving her out of position. On the weakside she anticipates and comes up with some picks but does have a tendency to stand up and be slow to rotate. (Lewis)

Anyone with info about Crystal Bradford and Rachel Banham?

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
No Kelley Faris?

I have no idea why Kelly wasn't listed as All-Region. SMH. While her play wasn't as great in the second half of the season as it was in the first half, it still merited inclusion on a list that includes so many players. Kelly is my favorite UConn player.

Reaction Score
Stephanie should make the final cut as well. She's the 2nd best Post in the country...(edited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom