Dolson’s Diary: Arriving in Tokyo and meeting the first lady | The Boneyard

Dolson’s Diary: Arriving in Tokyo and meeting the first lady

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I didn't see this link posted anywhere else, so I thought I'd drop it into its own thread (since the original 3x3 thread was terminated).

The AP posted this from Stef a few days ago. Here she talks about the last-minute replacement of Young for Lou, the opening ceremonies, meeting the first lady on the first day of play, and the peculiarly "chummy" warm-ups in 3x3:

That’s right they are getting rebounds for you in layup lines and passing you the ball. Some even try and give you a high-five. Definitely different. I admit, I’m not going to offer a high-five to an opponent, but hey if they do it first, I’m not going to ignore it.​

Last edited:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
A lot of these teams have been playing on a circuit in Europe - all showing up in the same town for a week, playing 6-9 games, the traveling to another location in the next week for another competition. They play together, likely eat together and party together, may even travel together. It becomes a community like other small team sports - beach volley ball, or tennis, or ... always running into the same folks. The same happens with WNBA and Euro league basketball players - you make friends with players across teams, sometimes teammates, sometimes opponents.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So, would love to see the picture with Yao Ming

After the ceremony I had the pleasure of meeting Yao Ming, who was there cheering on the Chinese team that won the bronze. He asked me who I played for and I told him he had an incredible career. He couldn’t have been nicer and more gracious to take a photo with me.

I must say, he is tall, I’ve never felt that short before!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
1826C64C-6F0C-4281-A066-CEDBF51E587C.jpeg

Reaction Score
I didn't see this link posted anywhere else, so I thought I'd drop it into its own thread (since the original 3x3 thread was terminated).

The AP posted this from Stef a few days ago. Here she talks about the last-minute replacement of Young for Lou, the opening ceremonies, meeting the first lady on the first day of play, and the peculiarly "chummy" warm-ups in 3x3:

That’s right they are getting rebounds for you in layup lines and passing you the ball. Some even try and give you a high-five. Definitely different. I admit, I’m not going to offer a high-five to an opponent, but hey if they do it first, I’m not going to ignore it.​

TY for sharing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom