Dog Bites Gator | The Boneyard

Dog Bites Gator

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A 20 point win on the road against an NCAA team and this team played, what, it's C+ to B- game overall???

Clingan was an A+
Calcaterra was an A
Jackson was a B+/A-
Hawkins a C+/B???
Sanogo played well but nothing incredible and was in foul trouble.
Karaban did almost nothing due to foul trouble.
Newton had 5 TO's
Alleyne and Diarra were a disaster.

Defense was great. Castleton had a real low percentage game.

But, for any of us watching, did it seem like UConn did anything rare or out of their capabilities? I don't think so. Seemed like an average game and the last 30 minutes seemed like a spirited intrasquad scrimmage. No doubt which way the game was going.

Hurley gave Diarra and Alleyne way too much run in the first half. He corrected that in the second half with more minutes for Joey C.

This is now a seven man rotation of quality players. Diarra and Alleyne have shown they aren't able to contribute on this team. Hopefully this is a "yet" comment but as of now, they are overmatched.

Karaban in foul trouble for the second time recently. No depth at the four spot. Jax has to move to the 4 and that has meant minutes for Alleyne. No bueno.

Getting Samson "Sampson" Johnson back is going to be critical for front court rotations.

Perfect record and it's all good going forward to the weekend.

Reaction Score
Will we finally get some real respect? At least this was a true road win in a loud environment against a real P5 opponent (albeit our weakest thus far). We went in to their house and beat them by more than Purdue beat Hofstra tonight at home.

ESPN had the odds 45/55 in favor of UF. The spread was -4.

Whatever man just keep winning

Last edited:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Hope Tyler Betsey is watching. Great start. Top 5 2023 class locked up…I’m looking at you 2024 class. We should be in the best recruiting position we’ve been in in a loooong time.

Oh yeah and this season is going to be fun

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You’re nuts if you give Hawkins a c+. He hit big shots that kept the lead over 10 pts.
Was going to say.

I said C+/B with a question mark. If you consider C an average performance, he played okay but he has done much better. His second half was way better than the first half, no doubt.

Reaction Score
Acting like Sanogo didn't do anything special is crazy!
He had a solid game, but nothing special per se from him.

Donovan in his first hostile environment had a better game, Hawk kept UF at bay with his shooting in the second half, and Joey had a great game within himself off the bench

Reaction Score
This is getting pretty crazy. Way too much at each position for teams to stop. It's very difficult to not be thinking crazy things about this team.

I'll look forward to watching Alabama beat Houston on Saturday and us moving to #1!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Acting like Sanogo didn't do anything special is crazy!

I said he played well, but nothing out of the ordinary for his abilities and he was in foul trouble which put on the bench for most of the first half and he had 3 TO's.

A good game for him but nothing incredible.

Reaction Score
This is getting pretty crazy. Way too much at each position for teams to stop. It's very difficult to not be thinking crazy things about this team.

I'll look forward to watching Alabama beat Houston on Saturday and us moving to #1!
It is indeed very difficult to not be thinking crazy things at this point. We’ve been that dominant so far. Hasn’t felt like this since 2009.

I’ve been thinking this for a few games now, but Jimmy Dykes said it on the broadcast: Clingan would be starting on 95% of teams. He hesitated because he didn’t quite want to say 99% but that’s the more accurate percentage. And he comes off the bench for us.

We have three punches at any given time, between Sanogo/Clingan, shooting with Karaban/Hawk, and point with AJ/Joey. If you try to shut any one of those levels of offense down, the other will make you pay. And we can run with anyone.

And of course our defense is among the best in the country. That stood out more than anything to me. UF shot all these free-throws, and we had way more turnovers. Yet, our defense blocked, denied, or altered shots; or forced them into bad shots.

I just hope we don’t get tight in the tourney. Winning the OOC tourney in Portland will be huge for that.

Reaction Score
This is now a seven man rotation of quality players. Diarra and Alleyne have shown they aren't able to contribute on this team. Hopefully this is a "yet" comment but as of now, they are overmatched.
Alleyne was a 3 year productive starter in the ACC. I don't think he's over matched. He's just struggling to adjust to a new role. I'll bet on him getting it at some point.

Diarra seems out of control too often.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Alleyne was a 3 year productive starter in the ACC. I don't think he's over matched. He's just struggling to adjust to a new role. I'll bet on him getting it at some point.

Diarra seems out of control too often.

I'd call that a distinction without a difference. He's over matched because he hasn't figured out his roll. A bit of a chicken or egg.

Reaction Score
I said he played well, but nothing out of the ordinary for his abilities and he was in foul trouble which put on the bench for most of the first half and he had 3 TO's.

A good game for him but nothing incredible.
He had 17/7 in 20 minutes and dominated their best player on defense. We are getting real spoiled as a fan base lol.

MyDorona

The Hebrew Hammer
Reaction Score
Will we finally get some real respect? At least this was a true road win in a loud environment against a real P5 opponent (albeit our weakest thus far). We went in to their house and beat them by more than Purdue beat Hofstra tonight at home.

ESPN had the odds 45/55 in favor of UF. The spread was -4.

Whatever man just keep winning
Shhhhh I’m making lots of money lately

caw

Reaction Score
It is indeed very difficult to not be thinking crazy things at this point. We’ve been that dominant so far. Hasn’t felt like this since 2009.

I’ve been thinking this for a few games now, but Jimmy Dykes said it on the broadcast: Clingan would be starting on 95% of teams. He hesitated because he didn’t quite want to say 99% but that’s the more accurate percentage. And he comes off the bench for us.

We have three punches at any given time, between Sanogo/Clingan, shooting with Karaban/Hawk, and point with AJ/Joey. If you try to shut any one of those levels of offense down, the other will make you pay. And we can run with anyone.

And of course our defense is among the best in the country. That stood out more than anything to me. UF shot all these free-throws, and we had way more turnovers. Yet, our defense blocked, denied, or altered shots; or forced them into bad shots.

I just hope we don’t get tight in the tourney. Winning the OOC tourney in Portland will be huge for that.

Off the top of my head Clingan doesn't start over Sanogo, Edey, Kalk, Tshiebwe, Timme and Ballo. Anyone else? Bacot?

Not saying he isn't better, or won't be but those above are entrenched starters on their teams and probably the six best centers in college.

Reaction Score
A 20 point win on the road against an NCAA team and this team played, what, it's C+ to B- game overall???

Clingan was an A+
Calcaterra was an A
Jackson was a B+/A-
Hawkins a C+/B???
Sanogo played well but nothing incredible and was in foul trouble.
Karaban did almost nothing due to foul trouble.
Newton had 5 TO's
Alleyne and Diarra were a disaster.

Defense was great. Castleton had a real low percentage game.

But, for any of us watching, did it seem like UConn did anything rare or out of their capabilities? I don't think so. Seemed like an average game and the last 30 minutes seemed like a spirited intrasquad scrimmage. No doubt which way the game was going.

Hurley gave Diarra and Alleyne way too much run in the first half. He corrected that in the second half with more minutes for Joey C.

Karaban in foul trouble for the second time recently. No depth at the four spot. Jax has to move to the 4 and that has meant minutes for Alleyne. No bueno.

Getting Samson "Sampson" Johnson back is going to be critical for front court rotations.

Perfect record and it's all good going forward to the weekend.
If you are going to rate Jackson that high you have to put Hawkins the same. He scored 15 and played super defense all game long. He is a true 2 way player.

Reaction Score
I said C+/B with a question mark. If you consider C an average performance, he played okay but he has done much better. His second half was way better than the first half, no doubt.
His defense is vastly improved. We see him regularly take charges now, not matador defense. That hustle down court to knock away the ball from behind and then run back to hit the shot was exactly what you want out of him. May not have have been his "A" game but if that's a C+ I'll take it.

Reaction Score
Yesterday at the waters edge near the 17th green in Sarasota my ball landed near a very large chunky gator sunning himself. Goodbye Titleist, otherwise it would have been Gator Bites Husky Fan.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He had 17/7 in 20 minutes and dominated their best player on defense. We are getting real spoiled as a fan base lol.

He also had 4 fouls and 3 TO's in those same 20 minutes.

As I said, played well, nothing incredible and was in foul trouble.

If you consider 17 points, 7 boards, 3 TO's and 4 fouls in 20 min to be incredible, that's your prerogative.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom