Does UConn women’s basketball need a uniform overhaul?? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does UConn women’s basketball need a uniform overhaul??

Reaction Score
I'd like to see more leeway in the length of the shorts. I think the whole diaper thing (which I loathe) is a reaction to how out-of-date the long baggie short look is. But I'm ok with shorter shorts. After all, every pro game I saw back in the day the guys were wearing shorts in the "diaper" length range, just more nicely tailored. :D

+1 for grey unis being too dull.

Reaction Score
How will the lack of the player's name on the jersey affect their ability to receive endorsement income etc.
As I understand it they can start receiving income for some things now, and they could add a name to a Uconn jersey, but then it wouldn't be true to an actual game jersey. Seems like it could limit their marketing potential, or maybe the new rules will pertain only to pictures or using their likeness.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Would just like to add that the official color of the state of Connecticut is white. It symbolizes the purity of the Puritans who settled the state.

So that should be the basic color of UConn uniforms, no matter what else they use.

Just thought I'd throw that in....
White is one of UConn’s colors.

Griggs

Yale Bowl portal 8
Reaction Score
School colors are only blue and white. Don't need any other colors. Also do not like the word "Huskies" on uniforms. Not interested in style points. There are a lot of "husky" teams out there, but there is only one "Uconn",

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Would just like to add that the official color of the state of Connecticut is white. It symbolizes the purity of the Puritans who settled the state.

So that should be the basic color of UConn uniforms, no matter what else they use.

Just thought I'd throw that in....

Well, the school colors are blue and white, so pretty likely there will be some white in the uniform.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Sport teams should never change their colors. Going WAY back, I always thought of the UCONN colors being BLUE+WHITE. Then, slowly RED was squeezed into the picture.
Then: gray, black......and who knows what is next.
I always think of the Yankee and Dodger uniforms.....always the same for at least 70 years(with the only exception being the "B" on the Dodger hat becoming "LA," when the Dodgers moved to Los Angeles in 1958.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't mind seeing the state flag somewhere on the uni...btw how many Puritans are season ticket holders?

Reaction Score
I'd really like to see the baggy look go away and get a more modern cut so no one feels like they want to roll or create the diaper look with the shorts.

I'd also love to see some throwback BE era uniforms to kick off the return throughout the season. I think that would be fun.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
1589764796247.png
Kim Mulkey(1983) Notice the "short shorts." As track runners will tell you, the shorter they are, the least skin resistance, and the faster you can run. But, around the era of Michael Jordan, the longer the shorts, the more "fashionable."

CL82

Reaction Score
How will the lack of the player's name on the jersey affect their ability to receive endorsement income etc.
As I understand the proposed rule, student athletes would be prohibited from earning money while wearing their schools gear anyway. So the answer is, probably not much.

Reaction Score
There should be more color in their uniforms. Still miss the ABA red, white and blue basketball.

Reaction Score
FWIW: the color is National Flag Blue, not Navy. Also, I like the throwback red U and blue Conn.

Reaction Score
Yes, renovate the uniforms! Get rid of that crappy gray! Integrate red, white and blue. Put the American Flag on one corner and USMC Flag on the other corner. Allow the young women to paint their finger nails and their hair blue.

CL82

Reaction Score
View attachment 54416 Kim Mulkey(1983) Notice the "short shorts." As track runners will tell you, the shorter they are, the least skin resistance, and the faster you can run. But, around the era of Michael Jordan, the longer the shorts, the more "fashionable."
Perhaps the better question is why is she wears the top from a set of scrubs? Just got back from the hospital and didn't have a chance to change?

Reaction Score
To be honest, they could tweak their gear a little. I like the gray uniforms. Those are pretty decent. The white and blue uniforms could use some tweaking. I like the idea of the throwback uniforms. But yeah we definitely need to tweak our gear.

Reaction Score
I'm with Carnac. The uniforms are OK except for the XL Center gray. When did gray become a school color?
Gray with red trim might be a better look.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Perhaps the better question is why is she wears the top from a set of scrubs? Just got back from the hospital and didn't have a chance to change?
She could have been majoring in Nursing.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Yes, renovate the uniforms! Get rid of that crappy gray! Integrate red, white and blue. Put the American Flag on one corner and USMC Flag on the other corner. Allow the young women to paint their finger nails and their hair blue.

Was there a trace of hyperbole in that post? :)

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Red uniform with nave blue numbers stripes down the sides and white outline. It’ll be better then those grey ones.
Can't agree with you but gotta admire your persistence after all those shots you took. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom