Does UConn Have A Sports Psychologist? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does UConn Have A Sports Psychologist?

Reaction Score
A couple, actually.

SPORTS MEDICINE SERVICES
PHONE: (860) 486-0404/FAX: (860) 486-5277
MAILING ADDRESS: 505 JIM CALHOUN WAY, UNIT 3204 STORRS, CT 06269
Dr. Deena CasieroDirector of Sports Medicine, Head Team Physiciandeena.casiero
Dawn Shadron, LCSWDirector of Student-Athlete Counseling and Mental Health Servicesdawn.shadron
Dr. Chelsea MoralesAthletics Multicultural Mental Health Clinicianchelsea.morales
Dr. Samantha MorrisAthlete Mental Health Clinician (Psychologist)samantha.r.morris
Dr. Matt HallTeam Physicianmahall@uchc.edu
Dr. Allison SchaferTeam Physicianschafer@uchc.edu
Dr. Robert ArcieroOrthopedic Team Physician
Dr. Kathy CoynerOrthopedic Team Physician
Dr. Michael JoyceOrthopedic Team Physician
Dr. Augustus MazzocaOrthopedic Team Physician
Dr. Anthony AlessiTeam Neurologist
Dr. Dave PalozejTeam Optometrist
Dr. Kenneth LaroTeam Dentist
Jodie MitchellAdministrative Assistantjodie.mitchell
As I said earlier in this thread, then perhaps they need an upgrade

To paraphrase another thing Geno mentioned in his postgame was that when they fall behind
it’s basically game over. Is that mental fragility, lack of toughness or what?
This is a group of very talented players who are not playing up to their abilities.
Something is not right.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
On the practice green only the first shot counts. On the driving range, a shot that looks decent could be in the woods if hit from the tee. You can fool yourself in golf by practicing. I know, I do it all the time :)
The trouble with practice is that you can make a flawed swing work pretty well when you can hit a dozen shots in a row. Your brain will adjust. Then you play games where you get one swing and they all count and flaws are exposed. I've always thought that ONO's long and slow shooting stroke is like a slow putting stroke in golf. It looks and feels good in practice and shots go in but doesn't hold up in a game under pressure.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I have a more important question.............does the Boneyard have a forum psychiatrist?......:confused::(;):):rolleyes:
For you? Why yes we do!
lucy.jpg

sun

Reaction Score
I think that UConn needs a podiatrist to keep their feet in better shape.
Maybe they can prescribe some custom orthopedic BB shoes to help keep them on the court.

Reaction Score
I’m not being facetious.
Geno said postgame that they make 20 of 24 three pointers in practice, but they can’t make a shot
in a game. He found this very disconcerting. (I think we all do.)
What is this all about? Would a sports psychologist be helpful?
Uconn has a load of Psychologists.
Geno and nearly all here know: Shooting in practice and in games are ultimately different things. Pressure is the factor. To show humans how to effectively handle pressure and you'll make 4 trillion dollars, the first week.

Reaction Score
Is is just our players? I've taught in college for 25+ years and have noticed the last few years that students (particularly the cohort of young people reaching college age during the pandemic) just don't focus/read/listen deeply. I have to say that the effort level for many of them is not that great.

Geno has said that this group is difficult/doesn't listen well/doesn't get the plays/etc. I am not surprised at all.
Someone has to get their attention. Someone has to show them why then need to pay attention. Someone must get them to run the plays properly. Someone should hold back their NIL's until they do. Guess who is the ONLY SOMEONE that can do all the above???

Reaction Score
UConn does in fact have a sports psychologist. His name is Geno Auriemma. He’s been working overtime ever since the ND game.
Someone has to do something. Do you know Someone for this is? My psychologist talked to my psychiatrist and they agreed get Someone ! She knows everyone!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom