Does this work for a conference? | The Boneyard

Does this work for a conference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lets assume that Missouri is #14 for the SEC and the 4 Big 12 schools don't go to the Pac 12.

Merging the Big 12 and the remaining BE schools plus TCU is a 16 team conference that is strong in both football and basketball. In football, you have Texas, Oklahoma, plus WVU and in basketball you have Kansas, Louisville, and UConn. I would argue that this conference is a stronger sports conference than the new ACC.

Reaction Score
With Texas.....I placed TEX and OKL in separate divisions so there will be the yearly Texas vs OKL/WVU championship game in Dallas.

Division 1
Texas
Tex Tech
Baylor
TCU
Kansas
Kan State
USF
Missouri

Division 2
UCONN
WVU
Louisville
Cincy
Oklahoma
OK state
Iowa state
Rutgers

Reaction Score
That is far too optimistic. Seems like it's a done deal minus the formal announcement of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State to the Pac12, probably closely followed by Texas and Texas Tech.

I'd much prefer the ACC or Big 10 over the Big 12 and Big East leftovers.

Reaction Score
I'd take it as option 3 (behind B1G and ACC), but I'd re-arrange your divisions. Keep the Texas, Okie, and Kansas schools in one league with the BE, ISU, and Mizzou in another league. Minimizes travel for the majority of schools (Mizzou and ISU not so much) and keeps more traditional rivalries in tact (save the Kansas/Mizzou rivalry, but that could be their annual x-over game).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom