Does this team have a run in them? | The Boneyard

Does this team have a run in them?

Reaction Score
If Alterique was playing and he was 100%, then I would say yes. The most likely scenario is that we win today, then lose a tough battle to Houston tomorrow. Theres no doubt in my mind that if Jalen never got hurt in that Temple game, we would not be 15-16 with a 6-12 conference record and a 9 seed.

Reaction Score
If Alterique was playing and he was 100%, then I would say yes. The most likely scenario is that we win today, then lose a tough battle to Houston tomorrow. Theres no doubt in my mind that if Jalen never got hurt in that Temple game, we would not be 15-16 with a 6-12 conference record and a 9 seed.

You really went out on a limb there with Jalen. Strong take.

Reaction Score
I think they might. Jalen knows it’s his last stand as a Husky. It’s boom or bust for these guys, win or go home. We have a madman on the sidelines who will have this team ready to play. I fully expect us to beat USF and give Houston a run for their money.

Last edited:

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Stranger things have happened. House money too.

Reaction Score
You could probably ask the same question of me and get the same answer as them. "Does Mano have a run in him?" Probably not but I've surprised before (but probably not).

Reaction Score
It's doubtful. I just want them to go out with a fury, be competitive and leave whatever they have (all of it) on the floor. As for the underclassmen exit this Tourney on a positive note in terms of performance. Hopefully they will leave hungry and anxious for next season. And give us much hope for 2019-2020.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
giphy.gif

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
The potential Houston match up is sobering.... Had we lost vs ECU and landed the 10 spot we'd have been on the 2/3 side of the bracket, making the slim prospects for a run at least as believable as, say, landing Precious is... but for this team to beat Houston they would have to either score 90 points in an all-offensive up-tempo game, or they wold have to dumb and ugly it down to a 50's winning score , and i'm not sure this team can realistically do either. As much as i'd love to see Jalen go out of his mind on 9/12 from 3 and Carlton go for 28 & 18 as they move on to play the semi's, Houston is too good to let that happen. Jalen deserves better but life isn't fair.

Reaction Score
One game at a time but I have faith that Jalen will deliver. With and improved Josh and a motivated team we have a shot. Not sure if it is enough but I'm trying to believe.

Reaction Score
I see a run in them if they are diving on the floor for loose balls like they did in the open practice before the season started. If they let ball go out of bounds without making the diving effort then I don't see any kind of run. It's all about the effort and hustle.

Reaction Score
Going into 1/10 vs SMU at Gampel, KP had UConn 109th in the country.

Flash forward to 2/6, UConn is going into their game @ Temple, without Alterique, and had improved their rank to 73, which was better than Temple, whom is now a tournament team. But as we all know, Jalen goes down and the rest is a Russian novel.

My point: the team with Jalen and without Gilbert, however limited, was in the vicinity of being on the weak side of the bubble a month and a half ago. The odds are that they wouldn't beat Houston, but it's far from impossible. And when we were playing well we only lost by 6 @ UCF. I'm not expecting anything, but they should be playing any of these teams tough.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score

This. I was gonna say all this. But you already got it. If Gilbert can play by tomorrow we have a real shot

Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to this game. Really want to see some desperate Huskies out there. Last year's conference tournament loss was such a lame, disappointing way to finish a bad year. Let's finish this one strong.

This. I was gonna say all this. But you already got it. If Gilbert can play by tomorrow we have a real shot
Gilbert is still going to be in Storrs tomorrow regardless of what happens today, unfortunately. He did not make the trip to Memphis.

Reaction Score
The potential Houston match up is sobering.... Had we lost vs ECU and landed the 10 spot we'd have been on the 2/3 side of the bracket, making the slim prospects for a run at least as believable as, say, landing Precious is... but for this team to beat Houston they would have to either score 90 points in an all-offensive up-tempo game, or they wold have to dumb and ugly it down to a 50's winning score , and i'm not sure this team can realistically do either. As much as i'd love to see Jalen go out of his mind on 9/12 from 3 and Carlton go for 28 & 18 as they move on to play the semi's, Houston is too good to let that happen. Jalen deserves better but life isn't fair.
Lets win today. I wouldn't expect them to beat Houston tomorrow, but lets not forget we lost to them by 8 earlier in the season with no Jalen and no Gilbert, and 11 missed FTs. No reason to think with Jalen back we could give them a tighter game on a neutral floor. We may even have some Memphis fans rooting for us as I am sure they would like Houston out of their path.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I'm looking forward to this game. Really want to see some desperate Huskies out there. Last year's conference tournament loss was such a lame, disappointing way to finish a bad year. Let's finish this one strong.

Gilbert is still going to be in Storrs tomorrow regardless of what happens today, unfortunately. He did not make the trip to Memphis.

Ok. I missed that. Carry on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom