Does the NCAA track this stuff? | The Boneyard

Does the NCAA track this stuff?

Reaction Score
So I was looking at the latest recruit rankings and one kid stood out. Amari DeBerry is from a town close to me and where I have relatives. One of my cousin's sons is a tennis coach and I believe it is at her school. Anywho, I decided to do a little research to learn a little more about this kid. She seems like a nice kid who would be a great get for us. In that quick search I also found this: Go Fund Me for Amari DeBerry Family

First of all, what keeps a college coach from "anonymously" donating money to something like this? There were a couple of decent sized donations in there that were "anonymous".

Second, does the NCAA look at stuff like this at all for evidence of boosters, agents and so on? One contribution came from "PMS of Hilton Head". That is the same Hilton Head in South Carolina. I am not sure what that company does but I find it odd that they would do much in the far away community of Williamsville, NY. It is probably a nothingburger but this kind of fund raising does open a loophole and I wonder if the NCAA does anything to try and track these sorts of things.

Last edited:

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
So I was looking at the latest recruit rankings and one kid stood out. Amari DeBerry is from a town close to me and where I have relatives. One of my cousin's sons is a tennis coach and I believe it is at her school. Anywho, I decided to do a little research to learn a little more about this kid. She seems like a nice kid who would be a great get for us. In that quick search I also found this: Go Fund Me for Amari DeBerry Family

First of all, what keeps a college coach from "anonymously" donating money to something like this? There were a couple of decent sized donations in there that were "anonymous".

Second, does the NCAA look at stuff like this at all for evidence of boosters, agents and so on? One contribution came from "PMS of Hilton Head". That is the same Hilton Head in South Carolina. I am not sure what that company does but I find it odd that they would do much in the far away community of Williamsville, NY. It is probably a nothingburger but this kind of fund raising does open a loophole and I wonder if the NCAA does anything to try and track these sorts of things.
So this fund is meant to help her family travel to see her play, and chaperone her on a trip overseas? I guess it is a "worthy" cause , but how it can be policed for abuse is beyond me. Good point, but it is something I would not get too concerned over. There are so many opportunities for undue influence in sports, I fear there is no way to eliminate a determined donor.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I suppose at the donation would not be anonymous if you were to mention to her the amount and that you were going to do it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom