Does the coaching staff read the boneyard? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does the coaching staff read the boneyard?

Reaction Score
The inbounding was so chaotic. Partly because we had to inbound 4 consecutive times before we were in the bonus.
I was going nuts when this was happening. But when the defense can totally sell out for steals and play super physical because of the foul situation, it became harder to do. Still think Jax needs to be the one throwing the ball in

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I guarantee they read the-boneyard from time to time. They definitely see whats said on UConn Twitter fan accounts, so I would assume they visit here as well. Thats why It’s probably a good idea to be polite and not say anything bad about the players just because. Constructive criticism is one thing, being a jerk is another.
Doesn’t it kind of come with the territory though? The yard is PG compared to what is said on like SEC and Big ten boards.

C

Chief00

Calhoun had assistants that did that and reported back to him on occasion. One time Chief made a comment about how they should switch to a zone for a few minutes just to mix it up. Well they did eventually do that, probably not due to Chief but it was an idea Blaney often pushed. The other team hit two 3’s and Calhoun immediately took the zone off with a whole bunch of I told you so expletives to an assistant coach. The next time Chief ran into Calhoun - he greeted me with - that switch to zone worked Expleted well.

Reaction Score
They listened to everything that was said over the past few days. Take all the credit in the world y’all.

great game. great flow. great coaching. Bad FTs.
I guess my check from Hurley is in the mail. ?

Reaction Score
If there were hundreds of people talking about you I’m sure you would give it a read
Why not read it, collective knowledge and exposure to the "herd" is how all elections are decided. Why not take the pulse of the people?

Reaction Score
Calhoun had assistants that did that and reported back to him on occasion. One time Chief made a comment about how they should switch to a zone for a few minutes just to mix it up. Well they did eventually do that, probably not due to Chief but it was an idea Blaney often pushed. The other team hit two 3’s and Calhoun immediately took the zone off with a whole bunch of I told you so expletives to an assistant coach. The next time Chief ran into Calhoun - he greeted me with - that switch to zone worked Expleted well.
This is some all-star level lying. You never cease to outdo yourself, Chief.

Reaction Score
I know at least the marketing team reads it to keep tabs on the pulse of the fanbase. The coaching and actual basketball staff, I’m not sure, but would bet others are right in saying they also check in.

Reaction Score
This seems plausible, but I won’t really believe it until a NJ guard like R.J. Cole turns to the camera after a nice play and shouts, “What do you think of that, Huskymagic?!”
???? I feel you man but trust and believe me the BY is known..

Reaction Score
I can confirm that this factual
Appreciate it brother.. played in high school with johnnie bird and he would put me on with a story or 2 about the BY that’s how I became an avid reader of the BY...another dude I went to central high with went to UConn.. he brought down boat bazz and deandre Daniels down to bpt a few times and we would take them to headquarters the barbershop on main st..

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I hope the players don't read it. See what people were saying about Bouk?
Total speculation, conspiracy and character assassination from some.
And now it is clear they were all wrong and there is no responsibility taken.
Those fans suck.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I can confirm that this factual
Why did Bouk talk about it in your waiting room?

C

Chief00

???? I feel you man but trust and believe me the BY is known..
Yes, it is. I don’t think Calhoun ever read it to my knowledge but his assistants did and reported back to him. When Nate Miles was being railroaded, Chief advocated for him on the BY and I got more than one call from an assistant and I know Coach appreciated my loyalty.
Chief tries to tell the casual fan if you want players, coaches or advisors to appreciate you, support them when things are tough not after the bandwagon starts. For Bouknight, it’s who had his back in September/October of 2019. For the entire Boatshow crew it was when he and his mom were dealing with the NCAA. Things like that built life long friendships.
5AE3AF1F-BBE6-40F1-B3C4-35EDD7922DC0.jpeg

Reaction Score
What would ever possess hurley to read the boneyard? I can see him scrolling Twitter because he has to for recruiting and promoting the program. I can’t see the benefit of reading all our opinions on the board.

Reaction Score
Yes, it is. I don’t think Calhoun ever read it to my knowledge but his assistants did and reported back to him. When Nate Miles was being railroaded, Chief advocated for him on the BY and I got more than one call from an assistant and I know Coach appreciated my loyalty.
Chief tries to tell the casual fan if you want players, coaches or advisors to appreciate you, support them when things are tough not after the bandwagon starts. For Bouknight, it’s who had his back in September/October of 2019. For the entire Boatshow crew it was when he and his mom were dealing with the NCAA. Things like that built life long friendships.
View attachment 64730
Definitely hear and respect where you coming from O.G.

Reaction Score
View attachment 64730
would've thought you sat mid-court

Reaction Score
Why not read it, collective knowledge and exposure to the "herd" is how all elections are decided. Why not take the pulse of the people?
Yeah, like an online focus group. An online town hall? Why would they not look at it?

Some comments on the BY are pretty technical like those about the bigs not coming out for hard hedging, but instead, staying close to the basket. Maybe, the "herd" does know something coaches hadn't seriously considered before.

Look, coaches at this level and their assistants have been through and have seen a lot of basketball. Even still, they can be locked into their ways of always playing man to man, and not using a zone, just because they have always done it that way.

So, with enough BY input, maybe they reconsider. They'll never tell anyone they followed the suggestions, but when you see the change of the court, who knows where the idea came from.

Lawyers sometimes for high-stakes trials, solicit focus groups to get a pulse on what arguments work.

If nothing else, for coaches or assistants, it might provide comic relief. Sort of like looking at Quora, an online world events site. Some off the trail and speculative opinions, but amusing too.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Reading, skimming the Yard is one thing. But if a staff member ever posted here then that's insane.

Reaction Score
Yes, it is. I don’t think Calhoun ever read it to my knowledge but his assistants did and reported back to him.
That's what we were told also. The assistant said he skimmed the board to be aware of out of the ordinary stuff like something a fan did with a recruit that might be a violation. I don't think the coaches are looking at the board for strategy or line up suggestions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom