Does PAC get more than 1 bid? | The Boneyard

Does PAC get more than 1 bid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not a pretty picture. USC has seemed 2nd best, but not clear how they deal with the injuries the rest of the way. After that, maybe Cal has a shot. The one advantage both teams have is that they play in the PAC-12 and thus should be able to get about 10 more wins, which will help.

USC is only one in the RPI top 45.

Wash St & Colorado are not good, and will start losing more.

Stanford (4) 5-0 14-1
USC 3-1 8-6
Washington St. 3-1 9-7
Colorado 2-2 13-2
California 3-2 12-5
UCLA 2-2 7-8
Arizona 1-3 12-4
Arizona St. 1-3 10-5
Utah 1-3 8-7
Oregon St. 2-3 11-5
Washington 1-3 9-5
Oregon 2-3 10-7

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Kind of astounding, how that conference, other than Stanford, can't seem to get any better.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Colorado has a nice record, so they could get to 20 wins or more.

Cal has 5 losses, but 4 of them were to Rutgers, Texas, Ohio State, and UCLA by an aggregate of 11 points. The 20-point loss to USC is inexplicable.

Both USC and UCLA have been hit by injuries. ASU has dropped off a lot. Maybe the Icebearcub can get them going.

Reaction Score
yep, way down year, not just Pac 12. The Pac 12 has a lot of new head coaches and injuries to many teams. Imho, Cal will turn it around and get in. Maybe WSU- which is a great story since they've been in cellar for years.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Kind of astounding, how that conference, other than Stanford, can't seem to get any better.
'They've had a few coaches get lured to other programs, but I havn't looked at the numbers to see if this is anything out of the ordinary.

Just out of curiosity,
  1. who are the successful BE coaches that have been tapped to go to other programs (in other conferences)?
  2. is a low number a sign of strength or weakness?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
'They've had a few coaches get lured to other programs, but I havn't looked at the numbers to see if this is anything out of the ordinary.

Just out of curiosity,
  1. who are the successful BE coaches that have been tapped to go to other programs (in other conferences)?

I think the Big East's strongest programs are coached by folks who aren't going anywhere (Geno, Muffet, CViv, Bruno, etc.). Jeff Waltz in the future to a program with a LOT of money? Possibly. KBA or TW-F? Could be, but I think Boyle and Caldwell were more proven commodities as far as recruiting, etc.

Reaction Score

Just out of curiosity,

Depends on which conferences are importing coaches and which ones are exporters.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Colorado has a nice record, so they could get to 20 wins or more.

Cal has 5 losses, but 4 of them were to Rutgers, Texas, Ohio State, and UCLA by an aggregate of 11 points. The 20-point loss to USC is inexplicable.

Both USC and UCLA have been hit by injuries. ASU has dropped off a lot. Maybe the Icebearcub can get them going.

The Cal 20 point loss vs USC was a result of poor shooting, especially in the 2nd half(21%). Many of those shots were good shots from in close, which they got rebounds on but kept missing. They only got 10 points in the paint in the second half vs 20 in the first half. Cal has also been plagued by poor free throw shooting, especially in the 4 games they lost by close scores. To Cals advantage they are basically a healthy team and have talented players. Cal was down 12 points yesterday at Colorado and came back to score the last 17 points of the game to win by 12 points. I am not sure how to take that as Cal should never have been down 12 points to Colorado at any time.

USC is down to 8 players plus a walk on. If they stay healthy, and continue play team ball, which they werent in the first 7 or 8 games, they should make the tournament based on their record and SOS.

I have seen many of the teams and they are not good and or not deep, due to injuries. I give credit to WSU for playing a very challanging OOC schedule including Penn State, Michigan, Gonzaga, Louisville and Ohio State. I like the way the OSU coaches but his team isnt as deep as others. UCLA has played hard in all of the games I have seen, including a 20 pt loss to Tenn. UCLA may have lost another guard to a knee injury last weekend. If so they are down to 7 scholarship players and a walk on that has 3 minutes of play this year. I dont know how they can last a whole season with 2 subs but I wouldnt be shocked if they are in every game the remainder of the season, except Stanford. So far I like their new coach alot.
By the way I believe the Icebearcub was redshirted due to a quad injury that hasnt healed. I believe I read that in an Arizona paper last week. Hope she heals fine because the ASU team i saw last week needs major help.

The Pac 12 gets 1-2-3 teams in this year.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
I think Rueck is a good coach, it will be interesting to see what he can do over the next few years, also Graves on the west but he will probably never leave Gonzaga due to family and their fan base.

Reaction Score
At first glance, it would be easy to say no. Then one must look for other teams to fill out the 64 team field. then, it becomes possible. So my answer is Yes, one more bid.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I think Washington will start to get better.

Reaction Score
At first glance, it would be easy to say no. Then one must look for other teams to fill out the 64 team field. then, it becomes possible. So my answer is Yes, one more bid.
Agreed. Whoever emerges as the 2nd best team will look pretty good by the time you're down to the last three or four bids.

Reaction Score
I think Washington will start to get better.

Not enough to make NCAAs this yr. Time will tell how well he can recruit. Key is keeping WA and NW talent and not losing them to Stanford.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Not enough to make NCAAs this yr. Time will tell how well he can recruit. Key is keeping WA and NW talent and not losing them to Stanford.

He seemed to have signed a pretty good class this tear, including the #21 recruit in the country. As well as being in the running for Russell next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom