Does our own Play by Play Guy think we should be minor league? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does our own Play by Play Guy think we should be minor league?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I’ve been saying that we need Boneyard Radio for years. Whaler used to have a radio show, so he’s good to go
I have been listening to a lot more sports podcasts of late. That one duo that covers the G5 on SBnation or whatever is absolutely awful, no way we dont have 30 guys here that could do a better show.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I have been listening to a lot more sports podcasts of late. That one duo that covers the G5 on SBnation or whatever is absolutely awful, no way we dont have 30 guys here that could do a better show.

Podcast ain’t played nobody covered G5 a ton and was great. One guy from that duo left for espn, so the other co-host is rebooting the podcast in a new format. Can’t speak for how the new product will be, but it was a tremendous college football pod in its original format

Reaction Score
I heard him last year and he didn't know the name of the player that made the tackle. I've worked with him as well, a lot of times he doesn't get it. He really doesn't get it when he referees girls travel team basketball.
Idle pondering: Which is worse or more inexplicable, not knowing a player’s name or calling Iowa State the Hawkeyes well into the 3Q of UConn’s 2002 37-20 gridiron upset in Ames?

Joe D’ambrosio rarely was at his best for football and getting players’ names incorrect is similarly weak, but his humorous Hawkeyes’ references added to the 1st year BCS Huskies’ massive upset. Even after being tipped off at half time and beginning to mention the Cyclones, D’ambrosio occasionally reverted back to Hawkeyes. Great day!

Where is the Honolulu-born Terry Caulley now?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I’ve been saying that we need Boneyard Radio for years. Whaler used to have a radio show, so he’s good to go

i ran a college radio station and everything. they even paid me as a full time employee!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The format that would work for a UConn podcast is your boy Whaler as the host with an interesting ‘color guy’, then you cycle through the 5-6 interesting BY posters on a weekly basis.

For football you’d need to record it Sunday morning/afternoon to get it out Sunday night.

Seems pretty clear the market is looking for a podcast about the 128th best FBS team hosted by a mostly unpopular message board poster. Ratings gold.

Reaction Score
They suck big time Billy, haven't been to a sweet 16 since 2004, and the last time before that was 1991. If you're just talking making it to the NCAA tournament, they were invited last year, 2012, and 2006. All the years in between they were not even invited.

OK..a DePaul type team, I guess? Twice to the dance since 1993 (2000 and 2004).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom