Does Nika play now? | The Boneyard

Does Nika play now?

Reaction Score
Skeptical

if she was close she’d probably would’ve been a day-of decision, but knowing 36 hours out she wouldn’t play ....

Reaction Score
She didn't have a boot on or anything. She was in sneakers, and as noted was jumping around with the rest of the team. Don't think we need her Friday, but would be good to get her back in the swing of things for the final assuming we make it.

Reaction Score
She didn't have a boot on or anything. She was in sneakers, and as noted was jumping around with the rest of the team. Don't think we need her Friday, but would be good to get her back in the swing of things for the final assuming we make it.
If healthy, Nika will play. Among other things, she can help guard Aari McDonald.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I think Nika starts. As good as AE is, I think the rotation with her as 6th woman, is Geno's preferred line-up
Based on how the fouls occurred with Alya, it probably be better to start Nika if she is available. I don't think Arizona has a multi big presence. Besides, I think Nika deserves to start after what she has done for us this year. As always, Geno will adapt to how the game is being played.

Reaction Score
I think Nika starts. As good as AE is, I think the rotation with her as 6th woman, is Geno's preferred line-up

If she is healthy, I'd say her chance of starting is less than 5%.

Reaction Score
It has been great for Geno to have those options
A) great high low post with All American guards.
B) two great offense/ defense point guards on the floor with All America. Center and two other experienced scoring guards that can defend.

we won last night with A. If we get both A B lineups back it will be tough for anyone left to score on us or keep us from scoring .

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
why does everyone overlook nika's most significant contribution -- the energy and spirit she injects into the lineup! that is not something that should be take for granted. it's the intensity and competitiveness she provides. yeah, she's a nice extra piece as a player, but i think irreplaceable in regard to the team's motor.

Reaction Score
Connecticut needs to avoid doing what too many coaches/programs do: overlook a serious injury and rush a kid back to the court. Coach Geno hasn't done that. Indeed, he's taken in more than one wounded athlete who was abused by her coaches. From Duke. From Tennessee.

I trust that Connecticut will let the orthopedist have the first and last word on the matter.

Reaction Score
Based on how the fouls occurred with Alya, it probably be better to start Nika if she is available. I don't think Arizona has a multi big presence. Besides, I think Nika deserves to start after what she has done for us this year. As always, Geno will adapt to how the game is being played.
I don't think a player, at this point in the tourney, is a lock to start, more so based upon being deserved. The coaches will assess team strength against AZ and go with that. Geno has often stated that you earn court time in practice. It is great if Nika can play and add her strength to the team. Go deep if we have to but hope we don't!

Reaction Score
I was sick last night when Kim put DeeDee R. Back into the game after her injury...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom