Does Natalie Play Better Against Bigger Opponents? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does Natalie Play Better Against Bigger Opponents?

Reaction Score
I've rewatched a number of Natalie's misses when she has gone up strong on a layup and overshoots the hoop. She seems to not have perfected going up strong but controlling her release. I am guessing that is why she seems to prefer fading away for a short jumper, she's perfected it and they go in more often.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Does anyone on this board remember watching Butler when she was at Georgetown (named Big East FOY)? I'd be curious to hear your impressions about how her game has evolved since her freshman year.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
GP. While Nat doesn't necessarily do anything quick, she actually squares up and releases her shot relatively quickly at times. The catch, turn and bank shot Nat hit to earn Gabby her triple-double was a thing of beauty.

How often have we heard Geno stress that in practices, there is never any "little thing" to be ignored. When I see Natalie, ever earnest and working hard, I think of one of those things: balanced footwork, which for a post player is actually a huge thing. When she receives passes at the short corner or near the foul line, more often than not she is in a balanced stance that allows her to pivot easily to front the basket and shoot her very accurate 10- 15 foot, high-release "jumper." But when she gets a pass as she comes into or across the lane, from left to right, close to the basket, she very often takes an automatic step onto her right/front foot. With her weight on that foot, she cannot pivot easily or gather herself to go up and toward the basket. I am sure that Marissa and CD have worked with her on that fundamental principle, but so far it's not something she does easily or naturally. It's a big little thing that, once she masters it, will make her scoring options much more potent.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I've rewatched a number of Natalie's misses when she has gone up strong on a layup and overshoots the hoop. She seems to not have perfected going up strong but controlling her release. I am guessing that is why she seems to prefer fading away for a short jumper, she's perfected it and they go in more often.

Perfected it?

Only if she shouts "fall back baby" as she lets it go!

Like Dick Barnett. Over the Big O, no less.

barnett.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom