Does Napier Aspire to be the Next Kemba? | The Boneyard

Does Napier Aspire to be the Next Kemba?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is it just me? Or did some of you get the impression that Napier, during the final 3 minutes of yesterday's game, dribble around doing nothing for entirely too long?

I was satisfied, even happy, with the results of UConn's efforts until Napier, IMHO, appeard to decide that the ball had to be in his hands.

I don't mean to be overly critical, but I have seen him do this in other games.

Perhaps it is just me.

Peace,

John Fryer

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Well, at that point of that game, im sure Calhoun was telling the guards to burn clock. He didn't want them shooting until there was less than 10 seconds on the shot clock.

Reaction Score
I am watching this closely but quite honestly that may not be a bad thing. Kemba was a stud last year and demonstrated how to take a team to the promise land. I think with RB amd Lamb we don't need another Kemba (big play maker/dagger shooter) at point, and Bazz yesterday showed a lot more discipline and maturity. Everyone is still adjusting to each other and the 'vets' playing bball without Kemba.

Remember also, one of our bench coaches is working with the Bazz and RB, so I would think that he will keep both players on task during games. He certainly knows what it takes.

Reaction Score
After every game there is some post complaining about Shabazz. I don't get it.

Reaction Score
I thought Jerome Napier's (or is it Shabazz Dyson?) decision making was excellent yesterday. There was one play at the end of the game where he dribbled for about 20 seconds before forcing up a bad shot (Boatright did the same thing the next play), but that's more on UConn's coaches, who typically like to run iso's for one of the guards at the end of games instead of running a play.

But other than that? He had more assists yesterday than shots attempted (7 to 6) and only turned it over 3 times. Not sure why Shabazz has become the new lightning rod for fans to criticize, but this is getting ridiculous.

caw

Reaction Score
I thought Bazz played a good floor game, didn't force much at all. I do think defensively he could have done better, but overall was happy with his game yesterday. Anytime the lead guard has 7 assists I'm on board.

Reaction Score
Are Pg gets stuck dribbling around every year. He was very good yesterday

Reaction Score
Is it just me? Or did some of you get the impression that Napier, during the final 3 minutes of yesterday's game, dribble around doing nothing for entirely too long?

I was satisfied, even happy, with the results of UConn's efforts until Napier, IMHO, appeard to decide that the ball had to be in his hands.

I don't mean to be overly critical, but I have seen him do this in other games.

Perhaps it is just me.

Peace,

John Fryer
It's just you. Bazz has played great in every game except our loss. This post is very close to nonsense.

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul