Does KW start just to win the tip off? | The Boneyard

Does KW start just to win the tip off?

Reaction Score
Randomly thinking about this yesterday. Even if he's not a "starter", does it make sense to have him secure the first possession and potentially get subbed out at the first whistle. Is his vertical enough to even mostly-guarantee a first possession? Is the first possession really valuable or does the possession arrow cancel it out? Would there be any intimidation factor?

One thing is for sure. I would love to see our internet sensation sky up above Taco Fall for the tip when we play the Knights.

Reaction Score
Randomly thinking about this yesterday. Even if he's not a "starter", does it make sense to have him secure the first possession and potentially get subbed out at the first whistle. Is his vertical enough to even mostly-guarantee a first possession? Is the first possession really valuable or does the possession arrow cancel it out? Would there be any intimidation factor?

One thing is for sure. I would love to see our internet sensation sky up above Taco Fall for the tip when we play the Knights.

I like how you think

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a start at the 4. I'm sure it's very dependent on practice and exhibitions at this point at the 4 and 5. Lots up in the air down there I'd bet.

Reaction Score
Doesn't the team who loses the tip get first possession of the 2nd half? If so, then no. Start your best starting five.
No need for gimmicks.

Nope based on possession arrow. So if possession arrow never changes, you'd get it to start the second half. But chances are jump ball occurs at some point and possession arrow changes

Reaction Score
I was initially laughing at this but after thinking harder we really don't have any legitimate bigs who are all that tall right, so he is likely the best high reacher on the team. Interesting, I really can't wait to see the team, and start learning about these random variables we call the bigs

Reaction Score
If Sid Wilson gets a waiver to play this year, I assume he'll jump and start over KW. Otherwise, It will be Cobb and mandledove type athleticism on the jump

Reaction Score
Diarra is really long and is also athletic, albeit not to the extent that KW is. I'd bet he jumps.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I'm a fan of the kid and I'm rooting for him very hard.

My expectations as to his PT and production are very, very low, at least for 2017-18.

Reaction Score
I feel like every game in the last couple years started off with a Brimah alleyoop on first position. I'm bored of that... I wanna see KW give us some top 10 highlights on espn to start some games!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom