Does Kelly guard Shoni Schimmel or Slaughter? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does Kelly guard Shoni Schimmel or Slaughter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
As the SI article pointed out Slaughter is a guard at 6-1, and other teams have a post player guarding her. Breanna is comfortable out there as shown with her double team at mid-court, and steal for a fast-break layup.
Exactly. It puts Breanna in great position for a break out.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'm not sure I want Stewart defending a player who hangs out at the 3-point line. She's so good at protecting the rim, particularly with Dolson hobbled. Louisville has some guards (especially Bria Smith) who like to drive to the basket and I would like Stewart to be waiting for them in the lane. Louisville typically starts both Vails and Hammond in the paint and I expect Stewart to guard Vails and be a help defender in the lane.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure I want Stewart defending a player who hangs out at the 3-point line. She's so good at protecting the rim, particularly with Dolson hobbled. Louisville has some guards (especially Bria Smith) who like to drive to the basket and I would like Stewart to be waiting for them in the lane. Louisville typically starts both Vails and Hammond in the paint and I expect Stewart to guard Vails and be a help defender in the lane.

Wouldn't Dolson be on Vails? Or are you talking about when Dolson is out?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Wouldn't Dolson be on Vails? Or are you talking about when Dolson is out?

I'm not sure, but you're probably right. Vails would be an easier player for a gimpy Dolson to guard as she has limited offensive skills. But Hammond is so strong that I wonder how Stewart will be able to handle her strength.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'm not sure, but you're probably right. Vails would be an easier player for a gimpy Dolson to guard as she has limited offensive skills. But Hammond is so strong that I wonder how Stewart will be able to handle her strength.
I think KML handles Hammond. KML is a bull.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
33% three point shooting is worth the same as 50% for twos which is excellent.

I'm not arguing for a junk defense, or even targeting her with your best defended, all I'm saying is defend her. She was taking uncontested shots. I can hit 3's if I'm uncontested.

Wanna really get her confused?

Throw a box and one or a triangle and two at her for a few possessions. I guarantee they will turn the ball over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom