Does Jay Wright look for a new jobby job? | The Boneyard

Does Jay Wright look for a new jobby job?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like Villanova may be the school that gets hit the hardest with the possible Big East implosion. The BE has been telling them to get their football up and running for years-they didn't, and now they will have to find a mid major A10-like conference if the BE can't hold up.

Reaction Score
IMHO at this point- who cares? Nova is the last thing going through my mind these days- heck that were always one of the last things going through my mind- but now even more so then before. But to answer your question- no- I think he stays.

Reaction Score
The Big East will continue to exist as a BB conference with the possibility of keeping ND. Though I think ND has to go B10, but until the B10 goes to 15, ND can sit an wait to see what happens.

Reaction Score
Here is your conference: Villanova, Marquette, Depaul, Providence, Seton Hall, St. John's, Georgetown. Can that act as a Solid D1 conference backbone? I say it can.

However, they will have to fill in the gaps and if the remaining football schools(Louisville, Cincy, ) defect as they will have to, then you are truly BB only, like the America East.

Reaction Score
I wouldnt be surprised if the Big 12 and Big East just merge or all the Big 12 teams join the big east, i think this would be the best move by both remaining teams

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I wouldnt be surprised if the Big 12 and Big East just merge or all the Big 12 teams join the big east, i think this would be the best move by both remaining teams
IF UCONN and Rutgers end up somewhere (ACC or Big 10) and WVU jumps to the SEC, then all that is left of the FB schools is TCU, L'ville, Cinci and USF. at that point, i'd guess they'd merge with the Big 12 leftovers and decide who else to add. Any hoops league that has nova, Georgetown, SJU and Marquette will be solid. they can try to add Xavier, Butler, and maybe a few other hoops only programs that are strong to make a pretty good hoops league.

Reaction Score
Big east could go all BBall add Temple Xavier Butler. Then maybe Richmond Dayton St.Joesph would be a pretty solid conferece.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
As others pointed out Jay Wright stays. Nova will end up in either a very good bb only conference or a very good hybrid conference. They will still be in one of the three or four best bb conferences.

UConn is more vulnerable than Nova because they invested millions to upgrade their football program. Nova has not spent the monies to upgrade their football program.

For all we know UConn may still be part of the BE when this all plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom