Does Hamilton do more when he does less? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does Hamilton do more when he does less?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hamilton shys away from contact so he never gets to the line, and he instead just makes his shots low percentage attempts.

Never really thought about this but it's so true from what I've seen from him. He plays just a little too soft for his own good. His basketball IQ is pretty high in all other facets of the game, but for whatever reason it just seems he doesn't know how to get his man off his feet and draw contact, especially when trying to finish close to the tin and in the fast break. Again just plays a little too soft for his own good.

Unless we make a miraculous run to the final four like 11'/14' he's definitely staying another year. Next year this is something he really has to work on. Want to see him put up at least 8 FT attempts per game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hamilton is much more effective working from the wing than he is from the top of the key.

And the problem there is that he's a lousy shooter from the wing. If I was the other team I would just give him that shot.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'd like to see Daniel seek out contact more. He's able to beat his man off the dribble somewhat consistently, or at least get him leaning the wrong way. Rather than bail him out by pulling up, I'd like to see him try to get around his man and draw more fouls. He's such a great free throw shooter.

C

Chief00

I think that team should be recognized and appreciated.

I still think if Dyson didn't get injured we would have won that FF, or at the very least we would have beaten Sparty to a bloody pulp. Also, I've never experienced a fanbase with more total d-bags than were present in the MSU crowd that day. I've always chalked it up to the horrific state of the Detroit economy in those days, but that's no excuse for the way some of them acted at that game.

I also graduated in '75. We didn't know what a Final Four banner was. We were lucky if we could figure out a way to beat Holy Cross, who we played home and away in those years, even though we were never in any conference with them. Weird.
We were a more talented team with a healthy Dyson but we played better as a team without him. My view is with Jerome we would have never got to the F4 mostly due to Stanley blossoming without Jerome. The statistics were striking Stanley with and without Jerome.

How many NCAA tournament games did Jerome win?

For the purpose of this post I won't get into the reasons why - Jerome has matured.

Reaction Score
Your ability to stick with a story line without any evidence to support you is what makes you the fantastic Boneyard meme you've become.

First, they were the #1 team in the country when Jerome got hurt, not some Cinderella that came together after his injury.

As far as the "striking" difference in stats after Jerome got hurt, Stanley went 1/4 with 2 points against Seton Hall, scored 10 against Pitt, went 1/6 against ND, and 2/6 against Pitt. His stats, like everyone's on the roster, take a boost from the 6OT game and a 60 point win over Chattanooga.

Keep doing you. If you allowed facts to get in the way of your argument you wouldn't be Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom