Does Frontier have UWBB games | The Boneyard

Does Frontier have UWBB games

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We have Optimum and they dont have wireless so we're thinking of changing to Frontier and the girl said they dont have SNY which has the UConn WBB games. Please let me know if they are on another channel

Many thanks

Tonyc

Reaction Score
Don’t know of anyone else who would carry UConn WBB games. We have frontier and were very disappointed when they announced they would no longer carry SNY.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Thanks Optimum carrys SNY however my wife wants to mount the TV on the wall and the electrican says he will have to run the wires through the wall and the beems drilling holes all over then repair the wall and have it re painted. So no Frontier if I cant watch the UConn games

Reaction Score
We have Optimum and they dont have wireless so we're thinking of changing to Frontier and the girl said they dont have SNY which has the UConn WBB games. Please let me know if they are on another channel

Many thanks

Tonyc

What do you mean that Optimum doesn't have wireless?

Reaction Score
Thanks Optimum carrys SNY however my wife wants to mount the TV on the wall and the electrican says he will have to run the wires through the wall and the beems drilling holes all over then repair the wall and have it re painted. So no Frontier if I cant watch the UConn games

Sounds like the installation tech is exaggerating the job in order to pad his estimate! You could always get a ROKU or amazon fire and stream SNY via youtubeTV, HULU live, ps VUE, or any other live TV streaming service. I recently cut the cord(1 year ago) and I could not be happier! I was paying $180/month with DirecTV and now I get YoutubeTV, ESPN+, Netflix, Prime all for $70 and get way more channels than I know what to do with! I get EVERY single college football game in the country!

Reaction Score
Hey Tonyc! I just switched from DIRECTV/AT&T to Xfinity/Comcast and they have SNY!
I also had Frontier for Phone and Internet.
I can't stand AT&T! Directv was great by itself then AT&T bought it and now it stinks!
I have TV, Phone, & Internet for $157.00. I was paying $163.50 just or Directv! I'm saving $120.00 a month!
Check it out it's worth the switch over!

Reaction Score
@Tonyc are you located in CT? if so, as @soxfan23 mentioned there are few live TV streaming services that do carry SNY (three I can think Fubo TV, Hulu TV and YouTube TV). I have had YouTube TV for couple years now, very satisfied with service. All four local news outlets for CT are available. Pretty much unlimited DVR recording. (disclaimer: I'm not a YouTube TV employee :rolleyes: ) I run it from the ROKU streaming device, YouTube TV is one of the apps available on Roku. As far as sports channels, YouTube TV has pretty much all the basic and then some (FUBO TV is what I would consider a sports junky playground). ESPN+ is available with your YouTube TV account (see edit below)...again available as an app on the Roku.

Too see what channels you will receive, either local or regional sports, input your zip code.

EDIT: ESPN+ is the $4.99/month...not free with YouTube TV account, what I meant was the ESPN3/WatchESPN available with Youttube TV account.

YouTube TV link;
YouTube TV - Watch & DVR Live Sports, Shows & News

FUBO TV link;
Watch SNY Sports Live| fuboTV

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@Tonyc are you located in CT? if so, as @soxfan23 mentioned there are few live TV streaming services that do carry SNY (three I can think Fubo TV, Hulu TV and YouTube TV). I have had YouTube TV for couple years now, very satisfied with service. All four local news outlets for CT are available. Pretty much unlimited DVR recording. (disclaimer: I'm not a YouTube TV employee :rolleyes: ) I run it from the ROKU streaming device, YouTube TV is one of the apps available on Roku. As far as sports channels, YouTube TV has pretty much all the basic and then some (FUBO TV is what I would consider a sports junky playground). ESPN+ is available with your YouTube TV account (see edit below)...again available as an app on the Roku.

Too see what channels you will receive, either local or regional sports, input your zip code.

EDIT: ESPN+ is the $4.99/month...not free with YouTube TV account, what I meant was the ESPN3/WatchESPN available with Youttube TV account.

YouTube TV link;
YouTube TV - Watch & DVR Live Sports, Shows & News

FUBO TV link;
Watch SNY Sports Live| fuboTV

I was skeptical of streaming at first, but it has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. As long as you have a consistent and somewhat speedy(50mbps+) internet connection there is ZERO stuttering or buffering. Like I said, for $70 a month I get more channels than I know what to do with!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Youtube TV doesn't offer SNY everywhere. I live in the South and have Youtube TV and SNY is not available. I get the Fox regional Channels and not SNY. I do get CBS and NBC Sports Channels and of course ESPN. Not part of this discussion, but Youtube TV does not have the NFL Network, so I'll cancel my youtube subscription during NFL Season and probably go with Spectrum App. Its cheaper with fewer channels, but they do have the NFL Network.

Reaction Score
Youtube TV doesn't offer SNY everywhere. I live in the South and have Youtube TV and SNY is not available. I get the Fox regional Channels and not SNY. I do get CBS and NBC Sports Channels and of course ESPN. Not part of this discussion, but Youtube TV does not have the NFL Network, so I'll cancel my youtube subscription during NFL Season and probably go with Spectrum App. Its cheaper with fewer channels, but they do have the NFL Network.

Yeah, I agree SNY will not be available in all markets, why I asked @Tonyc if he lives in CT. I'm going to assume SNY is offered with YouTube TV, in the tri-state areas for sure. If I recall @triaddukefan, while back on another similar post, he was getting SNY down his area, unless I read his post incorrectly.

Like anything else, one needs to research these live streaming tv services and find the right one that suits ones needs. Let me ask you, you had or will get rid of YouTube TV because it does not have SNY in your area. Have you checked ESPN3 for these games? Just thinking out loud here, since SNY is not available, I have heard others say they can get the games on ESPN3.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Why do most people in fact, want TV's set onto walls? To me that restricts how the living room is set up. Any changes means redoing the entire process of taking it down, remounting and patching the old wall. Sometimes even new dry wall is needed. That's just not feasible to me. I currently have Spectrum as a provider, although I'm going to switch over to Verizon Fios. Both here in NYC carry SNY. I feel for you guys out there with few options.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yeah, I agree SNY will not be available in all markets, why I asked @Tonyc if he lives in CT. I'm going to assume SNY is offered with YouTube TV, in the tri-state areas for sure. If I recall @triaddukefan, while back on another similar post, he was getting SNY down his area, unless I read his post incorrectly.

Like anything else, one needs to research these live streaming tv services and find the right one that suits ones needs. Let me ask you, you had or will get rid of YouTube TV because it does not have SNY in your area. Have you checked ESPN3 for these games? Just thinking out loud here, since SNY is not available, I have heard others say they can get the games on ESPN3.
Here in Alabama, SNY is not available to my knowledge. For the past several years I have watched most UConn wbb games on ESPN3 . I have access to ESPN through Spectrum TV, and watch ESPN 3 on my Roku device. There was only one game last year that was unavailable as it was a PAC12 network broadcast. I believe this will be the case again for the upcoming season. Don't know what happens after the move to the New Big East, but will cross that bridge if and when I get to it.

Reaction Score
After 5 years on Verizon then sold to Frontier, my bill went from $211 to $242 then to $277. After an hour on the phone they said they could reduce it to $201 plus taxes and fees (at least $30) with no assurance for how long.
I switched to Spectrum Friday.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score

I live in the NC Triad as does @triaddukefan (I am assuming) and I recently gave up DirecTV after 20+ years and am streaming 100%. I have YouTubeTV and I don't get SNY. But I am using Roku with the ESPN App so I should be able to get the SNY games this way, ESPN3. Not sure if I will be able to record the games but I am guessing no.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

Yes.... when I clicked on the YoutubeTV page..... it said that SNY would be available here in Greensboro. Centerstream mentioned that it wasnt available on YoutubeTV in his area.... although its probably 30-45 minutes away from where I am. I havent signed up for it yet.... but I will do the free trial soon to see how it compares to SlingTV.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I dont know what steaming is. ROKU Sling TV etc are or how they work can someone please explain it to me. Also if Im with Frontier can I get UConn WCBB on some ESPN station maybe ESPN3? Thanks in advance

Reaction Score
I was skeptical of streaming at first, but it has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. As long as you have a consistent and somewhat speedy(50mbps+) internet connection there is ZERO stuttering or buffering. Like I said, for $70 a month I get more channels than I know what to do with!
I am looking to cut the cord too.
Who do you have for your internet connection?
How much $ per month?

Reaction Score
I am looking to cut the cord too.
Who do you have for your internet connection?
How much $ per month?

Right now the best I can get in my area is 400mbps through Optimum which costs me $90/month. You do not need that fast as of a connection though, I would say a reliable 50mbps connection should be sufficient for most needs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom