Does Fran Fraschilla know something we don't? | The Boneyard

Does Fran Fraschilla know something we don't?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
On Twitter, he writes "Kansas at Providence in hoops? Thanks BCS commissioners/presidents! Nice job!"

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
i think he justs means he thinks that when the dust settles Kansas will be in the big east but maybe he does know something we dont

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Was Fran wearing pants?
ok i don't get that but it was really funny...

why would he even mention Kansas at Providence? where do they play? the dunkin donuts center? wasn't that built late 60's or early 70's? i could see him saying "Kansas playing at MSG" or something, but the DD Center?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score

why would he even mention Kansas at Providence? where do they play? the dunkin donuts center? wasn't that built late 60's or early 70's? i could see him saying "Kansas playing at MSG" or something, but the DD Center?
Umm, the BE is supposed to add Kansas and some others when/if the B12 falls apart.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Back in 99, Fran was fired from St John's for dropping his pants in a locker room speech designed to challenge his players to show heir manhood.

Reaction Score
Back in 99, Fran was fired from St John's for dropping his pants in a locker room speech designed to challenge his players to show heir manhood.
Ah, so that's where Mike Singletary got the idea from.

Reaction Score

He was mocking the fact that Kansas at Providence would be a conference game if the realignment happens. He wasn't saying that he would be excited to see this matchup.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score

My take is he was trying to be sarcastic as in "now we'll get some great matchups - like Kansas at PC". Well personally I'd rather play Kansas than most of the least of the BE. DePaul?, the Hall? Kansas playing UConn, Cuse, GT, Pitt, those are the upside games. Heck I can't see anyone getting too excited about UConn playing TCU but it's going to happen. Kansas joins half the games will be good and the other half - eh.

Reaction Score
At what point if this happens will they change the conference name? Even now the BE is no longer just eastern seaboard schools.

Reaction Score
At what point if this happens will they change the conference name? Even now the BE is no longer just eastern seaboard schools.
As soon as the Big 10 changes its name. It has been 11 for years and now has 12...so apparently accuracy isn't a requirement for conference naming. Oh, and the big 12 has 10, soon to be 9.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Because Kansas at Iowa State is so invigorating!!

Reaction Score
Because Kansas at Iowa State is so invigorating!!
KU at Iowa State is nothing exciting, but the inverse is a great hoops experiences due to Allen Fieldhouse. Nothing about the Cyclones excites!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

How about the "Big 20-Plus"?

Reaction Score
How about the "Big 20-Plus"?
In basketball conference size is pretty much irrelevent anyway, and it was the NCAA of all orgaizations who made it that way. They made a decision a few years ago to ignore conference standings and rely almost soley on RPI in awarding NCAA tournament bids. Since winning your league, or even finishing in the top half is no longer required for an at-large bid, it really reduces the power conferences to little more than a system of scheduling convienience. You really could have 30 or 50 teams in a basketball conference. Because it doesn't matter what you do in the conference. it jsut matters who you play.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Should just be: "The Big Conference"
Or the Biggest Conference or the Big, Bad Dudes or The BadAss Conference or the Geographically Challenged Big East Conference!

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
I like the ring that GCBEC has to it. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads