Does East Carolina deserve the access bowl? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does East Carolina deserve the access bowl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Completely agree with Fishy: ECU would crush Marshall wherever and whenever they would play. The only, and I mean only, non-P5 program that would give ECU a game would be BYU w/Hill. BYU w/out Hill would not be close. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
Completely agree with Fishy: ECU would crush Marshall wherever and whenever they would play. The only, and I mean only, non-P5 program that would give ECU a game would be BYU w/Hill. BYU w/out Hill would not be close. Just my opinion.

I know it was last year but Marshall beat ECU 59-28....You really think that much changed where they would crush Marshall this year...I disagree.

Marshall was supposed to play Louisville this year but they had to postpone to 2016 due to Louisvilles change in conference. Marshall hasn't had the toughest schedule but they also haven't won a game by less than 15.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

So if ECU can crush Marshall why don't they crush UConn and SMU?

Why did two of the absolute worst offensive teams in the country have their best days of the season against ECU?

You don't think Colorado State, Boise and Marshall can give ECU a game? UConn gave them a game. South Florida was beating them by 10 at the half.

SMU in their other six non-ECU games has 2 offensive touchdowns. One against Memphis yesterday and one against North Texas with 4 seconds left in a 43-0 game.

SMU had three touchdowns against ECU and only trailed by 11 in the fourth quarter.

The worst teams in the country are giving them games. How could one claim that better teams couldn't give them games? Because they blew out a shitt*y UNC team?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
So if ECU beat South Florida by 11, and ECU beat us by 10, that makes us better than South Florida??

ECU 66 Marshall 17

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
No, UNC, VT and USCe aren't exactly having tremendous seasons, but they are still lightyears ahead of anything that Marshall has played thus far this year. ECU has proven to be, at the very least, on an equivalent level as a middle to upper tier P5 level team (think Top 5 or 6 of any P5 conference, some higher than others) this season. I do not think Marshall would be above the halfway mark of any P5 conference. It's a shame that the first time we will probably get to see Marshall play better competition will be during bowl season. They just picked a bad year to not play against WVU.

Reaction Score
ECU is a scoring machine along the lines of past Boise teams and can be a threat against all but maybe 4 or 5 teams. Would ND be safe against them? Almost lost to NC. Mississippi? Baylor? Oklahoma or State? I'd say at this point FSU, Bama, Oregon, Michigan State, Auburn and TCU are probably close to locks against them but the others not so much. Sorry Miss State not sold yet.

Reaction Score
Well that didn't end well.
You know, I always rooted for Big East teams and wanted the BE rep to do well in the BCS game. In this league I don't feel any of that. If were not getting the bid, I could care less. Started when UCF, after beating Baylor, didn't even bother acknowledging Aresco on the podium and didn't mention the conference at all.

This league has an every man for himself to it. I"m cool with that so ECU.... sucks to be them tonight.

Reaction Score
Does Boise Still have a shot at this bowl. They keep winning, if Marshall trips, I wonder if they slip in there.

Reaction Score
Marshall has beaten noboday....nobody. And if they win out, they still will have not beaten anyobody. To their credit, they are easily dismantling all the nobodies on their schedule. Their closest margin of victory all year is 15 points, on the road to start the season at Miami (OH).
CSU at least has a decent road win at BCU (just threw up in my mouth a little), and if they can sweep the balance of their schedule - which is no lay up - they will have beaten some quality teams along the way. That loss at Boise was a tough one though.
Boise, had they managed to beat AFA, would be in the catbird seat for teh access bowl.

My money is on Marshall getting the bid, but they are not the best team of the lot vying for it and would probably finish 2-2 or 1-3 if they had to play CSU, BSU, UCF, and ECU.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Does Boise Still have a shot at this bowl. They keep winning, if Marshall trips, I wonder if they slip in there.

Yes Boise is alive but it's hard to see Marshall losing.

At this point I have no idea why anyone would think East Carolina is better than Marshall though.

Reaction Score
You know, I always rooted for Big East teams and wanted the BE rep to do well in the BCS game. In this league I don't feel any of that. If were not getting the bid, I could care less. Started when UCF, after beating Baylor, didn't even bother acknowledging Aresco on the podium and didn't mention the conference at all.

This league has an every man for himself to it. I"m cool with that so ECU.... sucks to be them tonight.
you really can't blame the programs in this league for not having any loyalty. The league got thrown together quickly with most of the programs not knowing each other and having no history. So, I'm OK with it. We're all crabs in a barrel now, stepping and crawling over each other to get out.

Reaction Score
you really can't blame the programs in this league for not having any loyalty. The league got thrown together quickly with most of the programs not knowing each other and having no history. So, I'm OK with it. We're all crabs in a barrel now, stepping and crawling over each other to get out.
Actually most of the programs do have history with one another, although the history was made playing under the c-usa banner. I think the only 2 that aren't part of the group is uconn, temple, and soon navy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom