Status
Not open for further replies.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Yah, 'cause I'm sure SNY would love to broadcast UConn/Cinncy

Reaction Score
Yah, 'cause I'm sure SNY would love to broadcast UConn/Cinncy

SNY is the only way to see the womens' games outside of Connecticut without paying for CPTV's streaming service. As long as SNY picked up all the games it's a win-win. As a Uconn alum living in Florida, the only women's games I get are the nationally televised ones.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
SNY is the only way to see the womens' games outside of Connecticut without paying for CPTV's streaming service. As long as SNY picked up all the games it's a win-win. As a Uconn alum living in Florida, the only women's games I get are the nationally televised ones.
The issue is "all the games."

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
As a Huskies fan living in Indiana, for roughly $3/game you get to see all of the games plus the Geno shows and if you can't watch them when they are on, they are all archived so that they can be viewed later. It's an amazing service and as much as I hate the very necessary bantering for donations, it's well worth every penny. I do not have access to SNY and if they didn't offer a similar service I am sure many fans such as myself would be up in arms and highly disappointed.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Agree with Bruinball. If UConn decides to go with another broadcaster besides CPTV, I hope they demand the broadcaster has to offer a live streaming option of all games that aren't on a National TV Network. They should also insist the price of the stream is similar to what CPTV has.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score

Well, you are paying for SNY 'cause you have cable.

And, as pointed out, SNY is a local area service.

Often women's basketball fans complain about lack of broadcast time, lack of coverage -- and part of the reason is that, unlike the men's fans, they don't seem to be willing to put their money where their mouth is (in this case, the cost of a little over two tickets to Gamp.)

Reaction Score
I hope CPTV gets the renewal. Their streaming lets those of us on the left coast stay in touch with our team!!!

Reaction Score
Well, you are paying for SNY 'cause you have cable.

And, as pointed out, SNY is a local area service.

Often women's basketball fans complain about lack of broadcast time, lack of coverage -- and part of the reason is that, unlike the men's fans, they don't seem to be willing to put their money where their mouth is (in this case, the cost of a little over two tickets to Gamp.)

I'd rather pay the money to Directv and get the regional sports package, which includes SNY. For the same money I get alot of sports programming on a 50 inch plasma screen with surround sound in my living room which includes all the Uconn games in Mens and Womens basketball and Uconn Football rather than just the women's basketball games streaming on my small laptop screen. I just can't see how CPTV is somehow better.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
Sounds like you need to upgrade :) The game look just fine streamed to my 47" LED. I am sure you can find a way to connect your laptop to the big screen through HDMI. Or, do what I did and get the Sony Google Blu Ray player that has full internet browser and allows you to watch the games flawlessly - and through my 7.1 surround.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I'd rather pay the money to Directv and get the regional sports package, which includes SNY. For the same money I get alot of sports programming on a 50 inch plasma screen with surround sound in my living room which includes all the Uconn games in Mens and Womens basketball and Uconn Football rather than just the women's basketball games streaming on my small laptop screen. I just can't see how CPTV is somehow better.
The issue whether you will get all of those games or not and whether they will be available in national distribution or just regionally.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping that, like the Men's basketball and football deals which includes all of the games on SNY that aren't otheriwse nationally televised, the Women's basketball would be broadcast the same way. I agree with you that if the deal with SNY results in Uconn women's basketball games that aren't broadcast at all, that it would be a bad deal. I would expect that Uconn would have enough leverage, given that SNY has the men's basketball and the football and the popularity of the women's team, to insist that all of the women's games are broadcast. One would also expect that, if Uconn is going to switch from CPTV to SNY, it would only do so if it resulted in greater revenue to the University. If there were the case, I would expect you would be in favor of the move, correct? Anyone here have any insight into the negotiations between Uconn and SNY?

Reaction Score
Hoopstreams is an excellent service now, though there were some growing pains, it has improved a lot over the years. I easily stream the HD signal from a PC tower to a 61" screen with 5 speaker sound system via HDMI. Quality is very good (there are occasional small blips, probably not CPTV's fault).

I would not be pleased to lose access to some of the games. The Geno show and the ability to replay them and the games for about a year is very handy. If anything I would like CPTV to be able to get a few more games.

Reaction Score
+1 for Hoopstreams! Living in Fort Myers the past couple of years, Cheryl and I have really appreciated Hoopstreams (despite the previously mentioned teething pains) and we'd both rather see our $ go to CPTV than some sports network. Kudos to CPTV on the streaming improvements this year--the HD is so good on our 55" I feel like Geno is yelling at me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom