Does Central Florida Deserve to go to the NCAA's? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does Central Florida Deserve to go to the NCAA's?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The eye test says they should be in.
What?
main-eye-banner.jpg

Reaction Score
The eye test says they should be in. Unfortunately their record doesn't.

I think at the end the pressing was an attempt to reduce the amount they would lose by, perhaps in an attempt to get a look from the committee. Geno was apparently not happy with the hard play at the end. Hopefully, it was just UCF working hard and being a bit overzealous, not being dirty. One has to respect that they kept playing until the end, which UConn also does, always giving your best and all that.
Agree about the eye test. But, what we saw was the future of the program. It was a quick turn around for the program, much like NC State. When you hire proven winners, like Katie Abrahamson-Henderson or Wes Moore, then, you're purchasing a proven commodity. And, not just a mediocre coach, but one whose teams dominate their conferences, and find themselves in the NCAAs at season's end, year after year. Where were both those teams suppose to finish in their respective conferences this year?
I expect UCF to find itself among the top three AAC teams beginning next year, and to make the contest for AAC runner up an interesting one.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Agree about the eye test. But, what we saw was the future of the program. It was a quick turn around for the program, much like NC State. When you hire proven winners, like Katie Abrahamson-Henderson or Wes Moore, then, you're purchasing a proven commodity. And, not just a mediocre coach, but one whose teams dominate their conferences, and find themselves in the NCAAs at season's end, year after year. Where were both those teams suppose to finish in their respective conferences this year?
I expect UCF to find itself among the top three AAC teams beginning next year, and to make the contest for AAC runner up an interesting one.
I can't cosign the eye test part but Katie Abrahamson-Henderson is a darn good coach. To your point in 11 years of being a head coach at Albany and Missouri State Katie Abrahamson-Henderson teams have made the NCAA tournament 8 times and won the WNIT in 2005. She's not going to dominate the AAC though as long as UCONN is still in it.

Reaction Score
I can't cosign the eye test part but Katie Abrahamson-Henderson is a darn good coach. To your point in 11 years of being a head coach at Albany and Missouri State Katie Abrahamson-Henderson teams have made the NCAA tournament 8 times and won the WNIT in 2005. She's not going to dominate the AAC though as long as UCONN is still in it.
"and to make the contest for AAC runner up an interesting one."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom