Does Brimah need a new calendar? | The Boneyard

Does Brimah need a new calendar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Brimah has less than a week left in order to return to UConn. What is he waiting for?

Is he counting on the Celtics using one of their million 2nd round picks on him?

Reaction Score
Celtics brought in 12 players for workouts yesterday. They've got so many picks they are basically working everybody out. Hopefully he's not going on just getting a workout as being likely to be selected. I'm sure Ollie will be telling him not.

Reaction Score
Is it possible that a kid has ever been clueless enough to be in 'testing the waters' mode and simply forget to withdraw from the draft?

I could see it being the starting point for a dramatic HBO series about struggling to make it in the NBA. It would be awful but it would have Michael Madsen as a sleazy agent and they could get Marc Cuban in there to beg for viewers

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Brimah is being flown around the country; he is not staying at Motel 6 and eating at McDonald's.
So, why hurry?

Reaction Score
National Basketball Association Important Dates

According to this he has until June 13th which is really 3 and half weeks. He has time.
Ok weird. What is the point of the NBA deadline then? Is that more important for International players? I would see no reason to withdrawal after the NCAA deadline since the worst that is going to happen is you won't get drafted. I would think the NCAA deadline should be the only important one. Still confused why there is an NBA deadline unless it is for International players who might want to go back to their foreign team.

Reaction Score
Is it possible that a kid has ever been clueless enough to be in 'testing the waters' mode and simply forget to withdraw from the draft?

I could see it being the starting point for a dramatic HBO series about struggling to make it in the NBA. It would be awful but it would have Michael Madsen as a sleazy agent and they could get Marc Cuban in there to beg for viewers
Well there is more reason I hope KO has a backup plan(JUCO or grad student) in case AB doesn't come back to UCONN.

Reaction Score
Ok weird. What is the point of the NBA deadline then? Is that more important for International players? I would see no reason to withdrawal after the NCAA deadline since the worst that is going to happen is you won't get drafted. I would think the NCAA deadline should be the only important one. Still confused why there is an NBA deadline unless it is for International players who might want to go back to their foreign team.

I don't see why you wouldn't have a deadline for withdrawal for something that the players themselves have to put their name into consideration for. The fact that it doesn't line up with the NCAA's particular withdrawal for amateur purposes is just a current reality, but if you put out a call to the world "hey put your name on this list and make it known you want to be included here" you want to also say "hey if you changed your mind let us know by X date."

Imagine a scenario where the NCAA changes its rules to allow undrafted people to return to school, where there is effectively no deadline for maintaining your amateur status... the NBA would still want to have the list finalized at some point prior to the draft.

Reaction Score
It's just because there are two organizations with different goals. The NBA's deadline affects everyone and is presumably the latest deadline that makes sense for their offices and teams. The NCAA, being another organization, set a date that is best for their schools, teams and coaches (and this year throwing a bone to players by pushing the date closer to the NBA deadline) and only affects college players. If they were both owned by the same organization, I'm sure they'd be the same date, but they're not, so we have both.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
The only date that matters is May 25th. The NCAA set the day to withdraw from the draft at 10 days after the start of the NBA combine which was May 15th. He's got until Wednesday. If he's working out for NBA teams, that's experience and practice that is better than what he could be getting anywhere else, aside from much needed time in the weight room.

I'm still thinking he will be back and with a great experience under his belt along with some great feedback for what he needs to work on.

As long as we haven't heard any rumblings about staying in the draft or not returning to school, I'm good.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The only date that matters is May 25th. The NCAA set the day to withdraw from the draft at 10 days after the start of the NBA combine which was May 15th. He's got until Wednesday. If he's working out for NBA teams, that's experience and practice that is better than what he could be getting anywhere else, aside from much needed time in the weight room.

I'm still thinking he will be back and with a great experience under his belt along with some great feedback for what he needs to work on.

As long as we haven't heard any rumblings about staying in the draft or not returning to school, I'm good.
Not to make a bad day for you but @Huskyforlife has heard some rumblings!

Reaction Score
I don't usually make predictions but I suspect Brimsh's is gone
A chance to get a Big Guy for cheap is awfully big temping.
Draft him in the second round.
Pay him what amounts to chump change stash him away in the D league. or some overseas deal where they still own his rights
These. NBA teams regard these kids a invrstments not as persons,
It's hard to compete with the lure of what looks like big money at the time especially since there is a small age window of earning potential
I hope he returns but if he doesn't Facey is the 2nd 5 Option

Reaction Score
i think he's a smart kid will be back. No downside to testing the waters and getting experience.
He has ALWAYS been a great ambassador for the program and further a great cheerleader of our program. Has seemed like he has thoroughly enjoyed his time in Storrs. Always smiling, gracious to fans, etc. Not always the case with kids.

Reaction Score
Yeah, there's no reason for Brimah not to take his time up until the deadline.

A better question is: does OP need a new calendar? The panic was a week premature.

If he hasn't announced by Wednesday, then it's time to be concerned.

Reaction Score
Brimahs return will likely be announced Monday afternoon.
Well I guess we won't be worried about a backup plan. I was actually kind of interested on what KO's backup plan was going to be if AB left.

Reaction Score
Nope just a "close" friend of KO's.
Thanks for sharing! Have u heard anything new on JJ? (If rather post in other thread that's ok) I can't remember whomever said longer it drags out its worse for us? (If that was u or someone else)

Reaction Score
Well there is more reason I hope KO has a backup plan(JUCO or grad student) in case AB doesn't come back to UCONN.
We need a backup plan for center if he DOES come back. This is not meant to diss him but is a reality check on our Bigs situation.

Reaction Score
We need a backup plan for center if he DOES come back. This is not meant to diss him but is a reality check on our Bigs situation.
There aren't that many stud centers in college. Brimah is elite rim protector. How many Okafors have we had that we threw it into the post regularly and expected lots of buckets? Enoch is a huge upside guy that could play in the NBA someday and score a lot of points for us if it all comes together.

I would sign up for a decade of Brimah + Enoch right now if it were possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom