Does Anyone Watch The Game With The Sound Off? | The Boneyard

Does Anyone Watch The Game With The Sound Off?

Reaction Score
I actually do it pretty often — I feel like I can focus more on the actual game and be more observant.

Reaction Score
I’ve done that from time to time to reduce stress. I feel very stressed right now. You guys are my shrinks. Just wondering if I’m the only one doing this.

I started doing it during the second half of the Iona game and I've watched every game since on mute as a stress reducer.

Reaction Score
My streaming service has a considerable delay, so I use the chat to see what’s going to happen in stressful situations.

Many times I see “Cam”, “AK”, “Boom” and tell my wife something good is gonna happen
Yes!

Reaction Score
Yes I do the same. I’ll also have the game on and walk away, come back and repeat several times so that I don’t have to watch a potential negative momentum shift as it’s happening. I’ve done this since our national championship game against Butler years ago. It drives my wife nuts lol

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I’ve done that from time to time to reduce stress. I feel very stressed right now. You guys are my shrinks. Just wondering if I’m the only one doing this.

In 1975, I watched the Warriors roll the heavily-favored Bullets 4-0 for the NBA Title while listening to reel-to-reel tapes of Grateful Dead shows from the Europe '72.
your.

Ever since then, I've known that alternative soundtracks are always an option.

When the time comes, you'll know.

Game casts, closed captioning, and other resources can keep you informed or alert you.

I went with a Taylor Swift Spotify stream while driving to experiencing the eclipse in Salem, Indiana. It was something I could do by voice instruction alone, so I did not have to risk delayed arrival for something on a cosmic deadline. On the return, I kept the music going as part of game prep.

You've been doing great the last few days. Keep it up. Others are with, as you are with them.

You'll know.

Reaction Score
My streaming service has a considerable delay, so I use the chat to see what’s going to happen in stressful situations.

Many times I see “Cam”, “AK”, “Boom” and tell my wife something good is gonna happen
Glad I’m not the only one

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yup - streaming some Goose until we settle in
Goose would be a great successor to the Dead.

Have you got a good show? I've seen/heard less than a dozen streams, mostly video, which isn't a lot, but way way more than none.

Reaction Score
Streaming for video, UConn radio broadcast for audio, Boneyard chat for chat

Reaction Score
Thanks all I feel better now. The other thing I do when I get tense is open the March madness app which is 30-45 seconds ahead of TBS

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Nope- the yammering of the announcers actually is less stressful for me than the silence- kinda like falling asleep to rain or ocean waves.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Yes. I started that during the '99 regional final against Gonzaga. I couldn't take Gus Johnson's blatant rooting for the Zags. I can't stand him to this day for that.
I add a twist: I DVR the games, wait until a few minutes have elapsed, then start watching--with the sound off. It gives me some weird sense of controlling the outcome.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom