OT: - Does anyone want to do a wellness check on Mike "I'm not mad" Aresco? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Does anyone want to do a wellness check on Mike "I'm not mad" Aresco?

phillionaire

esta noche somos mantequilla
Reaction Score

1633111134862.png

Reaction Score
Rice would get 2 Houston schools in the AAC. I see that as an overall negative as the conference is not increasing the TV footprint. Rice is a small school with a limited (but rich) alumni base. It certainly adds to the academic prestige of the conference in addition to Tulane and Navy. I just do not see where Rice fits into the AAC equation. North Texas and SMU create the same issue around Dallas. I have already spent too much time thinking about the AAC and now I have a headache.

Reaction Score
PAC 12 - like the B1G care about the uniform academic profile of the conference. NEITHER San Diego State nor Boise State have any chance; Cal Davis as a top Public would therefore be more likely. Yup - I went there.

Great sad news because I thought this was an opportunity for the North Dakota State Bison to move up to MWC; but the day isn't over.

Reaction Score
PAC 12 - like the B1G care about the uniform academic profile of the conference. NEITHER San Diego State nor Boise State have any chance; Cal Davis as a top Public would therefore be more likely. Yup - I went there.

Great sad news because I thought this was an opportunity for the North Dakota State Bison to move up to MWC; but the day isn't over.
Interesting point but how do u explain Utah?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
PAC 12 - like the B1G care about the uniform academic profile of the conference. NEITHER San Diego State nor Boise State have any chance;
Didn't Boise become Boise by getting players from Cali that couldn't get in to a good school?

Reaction Score
You are correct put Boise on the map. Got out of the AAC just in time. Big East is our place but I find no joy in the troubles of our old conference.

Reaction Score
Interesting point but how do u explain Utah?

LOOK ... Utah is a major research university. A wonderful medical presence in the Rockies. What is Rutgers without Robert Wood Johnson? I am saying that the University of Utah has raised its stature to that level on a regional/national status. It belongs with the Pac 12 schools. It would never be at the bottom of the 12. Nor the B1G.

Yes. Boise learned that California has a ton of football talent in its high schools; and the 4 P5 and then Fresno, San Jose State, San Diego State ... simply do not take all that good talent. There is definitely room for a 8th and 9th FBS in California. So Boise with its damn Blue field and consistently high level of HC and winning. Now, they go into Texas & Arizona & California easily. Play the transfer market well. JUCO. And they consistently rise.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You are correct put Boise on the map. Got out of the AAC just in time. Big East is our place but I find no joy in the troubles of our old conference.
katie holmes GIF

Reaction Score
There were plenty of people here who thought we were way better off going to the AAC and there are still some who think we're better off in the AAC.
If only that middle A coulda been a C...then maybe

Reaction Score
lmfao AAC about to get poached!

SMU and Tulsa were previously in the WAC with almost all of the current MWC schools. I don’t see why they would not want to join the MWC as it is going to be the top G5 conference and is probably more stable than the AAC.

Reaction Score
In the same month he loses Houston, Cincy, and UCF, Boise State basically turns its nose at the AAC.

If this is true, I don't blame Boise St., Ouch

Is Mike still NOT mad?
He looses 4 schools and he just got a 3 yr extension....his 2020 salary was almost 2.3M, so he's got nothing to worry about

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
He looses 4 schools and he just got a 3 yr extension....his 2020 salary was almost 2.3M, so he's got nothing to worry about
Reminds me of the old Marx Brothers bit:

"How much to tank the conference entirely?"
"You can't afford it"

Reaction Score
nobody is giving the Mountain West a big television/streaming dollar contract; simply poor time zone and smaller markets. AAC could say they were in Major Major markets. Houston + Orlando departs. And then you don't backfill well. The change in composition clause renegotiates.

WE - UCONN - may think that we are better in number POST AAC soon. With a solid Hoop - both WBB and MBB - and a decent football; we should be at a higher Gross number than the balance of the AAC remainders.

Houston and UCF and Cincinnati? Much better. But they are not going to be at $30m+ in this market. Without Texas or Okla, that B12 structure will be a markedly less dollar number

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom