OT: - Does anyone want to do a wellness check on Mike "I'm not mad" Aresco? | The Boneyard

OT: Does anyone want to do a wellness check on Mike "I'm not mad" Aresco?

Reaction Score
In the same month he loses Houston, Cincy, and UCF, Boise State basically turns its nose at the AAC.

If this is true, I don't blame Boise St., Ouch

Is Mike still NOT mad?

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
1633010262361.gif

Reaction Score
I'm kind of confused why Air Force and Colorado State are willing to leave MWC for the AAC. It's kind of a push, IMO, on which is better if you remove Houston, UC, and UCF. I guess Air Force would like to be with Navy?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Have to wonder about how Temple feels about the new additions. The former Big East keeps moving it's geographic center further west. Since Navy is football only, they are really out on a island at this.

Reaction Score
I'm kind of confused why Air Force and Colorado State are willing to leave MWC for the AAC. It's kind of a push, IMO, on which is better if you remove Houston, UC, and UCF. I guess Air Force would like to be with Navy?
Potentially, some additional dinero in AAC vs MWC, continued aggravation with Boise reaping higher MWC revenues than USAFA and CSU, and at least every other gridiron season Air Force likely picks up an extra non-conference, revenue-generating home game, i.e., switch USNA from out-of-conference CIC game to in-conference CIC game, then schedule someone else for football in Colorado Springs.

Reaction Score
In the same month he loses Houston, Cincy, and UCF, Boise State basically turns its nose at the AAC.

Is Mike still NOT mad?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Have to wonder about how Temple feels about the new additions. The former Big East keeps moving it's geographic center further west. Since Navy is football only, they are really out on a island at this.
I'd have to deeply dislike Temple not to feel badly for them, and I don't have any reason to deeply dislike them.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'd have to deeply dislike Temple not to feel badly for them, and I don't have any reason to deeply dislike them.
Oh I never said you had to feel any particular way about them. I am just wondering what their worldview is on the additions. I suspect it is mixed. They are likely thrilled that the conference is replacing some of the lost members, but concerned that they are going to be even more isolated. I wonder if the American continues to make economic sense for them.

Reaction Score

Is Mike still NOT mad?
Do you really think Aresco really cares? He's in his mid 60's and prob just looking for a paycheck until he retires....his goal is probably to just keep the conf afloat until he does

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Oh I never said you had to feel any particular way about them. I am just wondering what their worldview is on the additions. I suspect it is mixed. They are likely thrilled that the conference is replacing some of the lost members, but concerned that they are going to be even more isolated. I wonder if the American continues to make economic sense for them.
I never imagined you were suggesting how I ought to feel.

I think Temple's situation is as sucky as UConn's would be without having departed for Big East. If B1G or ACC tapped Temple (for the Philadelphia market) without adding UConn (for NY/CT) , I'd have reason to more than dislike them.

Currently, I don't care enough to know enough, to think other than, "That ain't gonna happen."

Reaction Score
We being content at another person’s misery is laughable. This whole musical chairs game sucks for everyone especially for us the last couple of years looking at the state of our football program and money deficit. Just be happy we are righting our own ship.

Reaction Score
Do you really think Aresco really cares? He's in his mid 60's and prob just looking for a paycheck until he retires....his goal is probably to just keep the conf afloat until he does
You mean like our last two football coaches!

Reaction Score
He’s 71.

Reaction Score

Is Mike still NOT mad?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom