Does anyone know . . . | The Boneyard

Does anyone know . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
. . . what happened to John Altavilla? I haven't seen anything from
him in ages. Is he blogging at a different site?

Reaction Score
. . . what happened to John Altavilla? I haven't seen anything from
him in ages. Is he blogging at a different site?

"Ages" like a week? John's last blog post was 7/27/12. If you use an RSS feed and you mean like a few months ago the Courant changed the UConn blogs and John's new articles do not get posted to the old RSS feed. You have to subscribe to the new one.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I believe he's on vacation this week.

Reaction Score
"Ages" like a week?

Yes, like a week. The 7/27 post is the last one I saw. It seems like an
odd time to go on vacation when so many former UConn stars are in
the news on an almost daily basis.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Well, if my employer didn't send me to London and relied on Tribune and AP pool coverage, I might go on vacation too. Plus, his children will be going back to school soon, so why not now? He'll cover the rest of the Sun season, October starts practices, November 7 is the first exhibiton game. He'll be spending Thanksgiving away from the family covering the Paradise Jam (we hope). And the team will probably play into April. Take your vacation when you can, especially when USA Basketball, the AP, and others can feed our obsession as well....let him take a break, Ed!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Yes, like a week. The 7/27 post is the last one I saw. It seems like an odd time to go on vacation when so many former UConn stars are in the news on an almost daily basis.
The Olympics is well covered by the national press. Since the Courant isn't about to pay for a very expensive trip to send John to London, he isn't able to add a unique perspective so this seems to me to be the perfect time for him to take a vacation.

Reaction Score
The Olympics is well covered by the national press. Since the Courant isn't about to pay for a very expensive trip to send John to London, he isn't able to add a unique perspective so this seems to me to be the perfect time for him to take a vacation.

Yes, upon reflection, it does seem like the best time for him to take a break.

As Chicago says, there are plenty of others to feed our obsession.

Thank you.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Yah. All we really need is Doug & Lee. It's the men who are so difficult to cover that tens of reporters are there writing about them...

Reaction Score
The month of August is becoming what August is in France. Seems like everyone at work takes at least one week of vacation in August. Parking garage is half filled, cafeteria is a ghost town. Fridays are even worse as those who are not on vacation like to take the three day weekends. Fine by me...I have less distractions and get more work done. But, I am also taking "vacation" in August, if you can call the long drive to Atlanta, dorm move in, and long drive home a vacation. :rolleyes:

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
The France remark made me think about summer here in Tucson.

It is actually noticable - the snowbirds leave and all of a sudden you can get into restaurants without waiting, traffic is less, etc.

[I'm going to be honest. It does feel "busier" during the winter, (and really is), but the annual fall "increase" is more noticable than the decrease to me.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom