does anyone know anything about next year's schedule? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

does anyone know anything about next year's schedule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Oh, so you and the Big East Army are going to put a blockade on West Virginia sports? WVU is scum for leaving and breaking their contract that they agreed to - but tell me why/how they'll not be in the Big XII this year.

Oh vey. Not a "blockade," an "injunction." That's what the RI lawsuit is about. And, in fact, it's what the WV lawsuit is about, since that is seeking a "declaratory judgment" that it's o.k. for WVU to play in the XII last year.

Neither WVU nor the Big XII has any belief that WVU is playing in the XII next year. They are providing themselves cover for a potential per capital hit to the TV rights when they only show up with 9 teams by being able to blame the courts, and not themselves.

Reaction Score
Exactamundo. West Virginia and Ollie Luck were set up as the pawn on the board to take the fall, so that the Big 12 can set up their foothold in battling with the media companies when they fall below the required numbers for their broadcasting contracts.

Have you read the big east injunction paper?

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...-Fgwq1ttHujYbQA17eFy50saiN88gh&hl=en_US&pli=1

I don't see how once jurisdiction is settled, that the preliminary injunction isn't granted, and eventually becomes permanent.

I still think that if the big east decides to play hardball as this thing goes along, West Virginia could find themselves without a home for ALL of their sports for 2 years. Dumb, dumb, dumb position that West Viriginia allowed themselves to get put into.

I've got my issues with big east leadership over the years, mainly in the way they treated football as a second thought, and almost with distain as somethign that needed to be done to maintain the level of the basketball conference.

BUT - all along, I've believed and repeatedly said, that as long as the conference really shifts its priorities to maintaining football as of importance, the big east is going to be just fine. The leadership we've got didn't build the most powerful basketball conference by accident. We've got excellent leadership, just people that didn't really care about football in the past.

I just hope that after losing BC, Miami, VTech, Syracuse and PItt, and now this mess with WVU and UConn openly talking about looking elsewhere over the past several years, - that they've FINALLY adjusted their priorities.

Big east basketball doesn't exist without big east football. I hope that the leadership finally has come to grips with that and puts all their efforts into making it work.

We've got a national platform in football now, to make it work.

Reaction Score
The biggest thing we can do as fans is to spread the word. I could care less if ConnHuskBask buys seasons or just attends all the games, as long as he can find 4 friends to be the newest UConn fans.

If all of us can expand the fan base by 2 people, he'll NEED to buy season tickets because the demand for tickets will start to grow exponentially. Lets not focus our efforts on criticizing people who DO go to games...lets figure out how to get to the people who DON'T go to games.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The biggest thing we can do as fans is to spread the word. I could care less if ConnHuskBask buys seasons or just attends all the games, as long as he can find 4 friends to be the newest UConn fans.

If all of us can expand the fan base by 2 people, he'll NEED to buy season tickets because the demand for tickets will start to grow exponentially. Lets not focus our efforts on criticizing people who DO go to games...lets figure out how to get to the people who DON'T go to games.

My point exactly, thanks!

For the record, my season ticket order has been 8 people with another coming on board this year!

End of the day, I love to vent on the Boneyard, but I know I'll end up ordering season tickets through UConn once again. Just wish they'd throw a bone to season ticket holders like maybe discounted parking or even something as simple as a tee shirt like they give to students so people would at least wear the right colors!

Reaction Score
Just wish they'd throw a bone to season ticket holders like maybe discounted parking or even something as simple as a tee shirt like they give to students so people would at least wear the right colors!

Bump!

Reaction Score
I don't have a problem with the schedule. It is what it is with everything taken into account. Scheduling agreements are done years in advance in many cases - for UConn as well as opponents. So somebody has to have availability on that particular date, and a willingness to play UConn. I don't think it's quite as simple as people would like to believe.
And I don't see UMass as a "gimme" game at all.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is the start of the next 3-year cycle. I'm sure UConn will be pushing the 3-year committment as the best way to get a good seat for the Michigan game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom