Does anyone here | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Does anyone here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you read this post and look at the post on the football board which says a Miami sports station is saying Maryland, Rutty, Uconn and UVa to the Big Ten......hmmmmmmmmm

I live in Miami and I haven't heard anything on WQAM about UConn to Big Ten.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
K
I
Amen to #4, especially.

Everyone does understand that IF this comes to pass, the NewACC North is really the old Big East, right??

Should be obvious to all but the most jaded. Specular hoops conference. Great baseball and soccer. Slight football upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
If we leave the NNBE we lose the aircraft carriers too, don't we?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
theres a lot i want to say and write out but not many here will read it right now with everything going on. ill keep it simple.

1) do not gogogaga over the acc. dont defend the league on public forums or praise it(best league, most ships blah blha). bball only fans in our fanbase need to understand whats going on in CR, they need to be educated. this is just a business stop for us. we join, we win, we build, we out. we are not here for long run and nor do we want to be. doesn't matter if wake forest fans are nice to u or fsu fans have great tits. doesn't matter. do not fall in love in any way with this conf. for many years we have hated this god dam piece of conf and hey have hated on us. they tried to ruin a investment we made and for years have been jealous of our bball programs winning without needing them. this is a quick stop, be professional and help your school/state/fanabse grow and grow quickly.

2) we will get 3 years here where we will have a crack at bc as a new coach comes in and rebuilds the mess. we are new englands team and were going to show it. flipper years back knew that the acc wasn't going to add wvu and uconn like they should have $$ wise so he started to talk. hes all talk, his school fell off the cliff. he never had influence but he wanted to act like a hero becuase bc fans thought he was a huge fail but this could be his saving grace. there were several chain reaction things this year that told us what was going on. flipper leaves, jc leaves and several other small things that hinted at whats coming. the cold war is ending and its going to be a more brutal war now, one that will change new england for ever as a college sports area. we can and will take bc to the shed in many other sports, were going to join them in puck which will be a struggle but one worth building. but on the fields and court we can and should go after bc down the the last second of every match. this is our chance to once and for ever put them to rest.

3) espn for the past 2 years continued to drop hints about uconn could be next here and there always tied with acc talk. the reaosn is a couple years ago this happened. the acc was looking to expand to 14 or 15 and lure nd as partial until 2015. the acc did a bs study and came to the conclusion that cuse and pitt were the best adds. that study was flawed to be partial to opinions of tobacco road who at the time wanted bball schools in the north east that could play fball but no be very good as they didn't want to damage there own fball any more than it was. at the same time fsu was wary of the study and did there own. the finding were that wvu, uconn, pitt, ruty, lville, cuse in order were the most value to be added. the acc wouldn't touch wvu not becuase of academics, but becuase of them being a fball power that would make the league un balanced. swofford is in love with his bball and private schools. uconn or lville would also not work becuase both of them had huge potential in fball that would ruin tobacco road fball being blah. what u then saw was espn knowing that the acc was making the wrong move still pump wvu, uconn and ruty to places. why? becuase they held the vlaue. the reason the acc contract wasn't a splash was becuase espn couldn't pay for cuse and pitt what the acc wanted. they could have got 20 mil for wvu, uconn...since those moves its no accident that espn while devalueating the nbe was still pumping ruty and uconn moving in CR type reports. the acc tried to kill us then tried to write us off as not relevant, now they are in a trying time and our looking our way for help, we will take this and run with it, but dont you ever, ever feel wanted by them or want to call this place home. this is not our future, we are not a dying public school that only plays bball. we are uconn!

4) thank you jim clahoun from the bottom of my heart. thank you lew as well. there are many thank yous to go around and many yous also like jh. the future of uconn is bright, but we must realise potential and strive to achieve it. i'm talking about everything from more research to expansion of the rent. i will talk about this stuff later post move to the acc.

lastly, warde and susan had a decision to make at the bot meeting last week. i think they made the right one. i have been all over warde since he got here, he has now proved himself to me and susan as well(i never was after her as i felt she was doing good things). there are many more things that need to be done, but this is one heck of a start for them. post move i will be writing another thread, this one more serious so even fishy can read it and think i did go to hs grammer wise. until then, think about 1-4 and remember to hold true to our values of uconn. i will continue to pump the 18 b10 as i feel thats coming by 2015-17 time line due to certain important dates.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Dan, I don't think you will find any UConn fan who is in love with the ACC. We know this is about surviving athletically and building the profile for academics and research. So I agree with you there. And while I want to go to the big ten and have UConn building towards that, my guess is that is still a decade long project at a minimum and we will be competing with a lot of other schools for two spots. In a way it probably benefits UConn if the tine frame for big ten expansion is many many years into the future, rather than 5 years... Of course, I could be wrong!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
theres a lot i want to say and write out but not many here will read it right now with everything going on. ill keep it simple.

1) do not gogogaga over the acc. dont defend the league on public forums or praise it(best league, most ships blah blha). bball only fans in our fanbase need to understand whats going on in CR, they need to be educated. this is just a business stop for us. we join, we win, we build, we out. we are not here for long run and nor do we want to be. doesn't matter if wake forest fans are nice to u or fsu fans have great tits. doesn't matter. do not fall in love in any way with this conf. for many years we have hated this god ****ing dam piece of **** conf and hey have hated on us. they tried to ruin a investment we made and for years have been jealous of our bball programs winning without needing them. this is a quick stop, be professional and help your school/state/fanabse grow and grow quickly.

2) we will get 3 years here where we will have a crack at bc as a new coach comes in and rebuilds the mess. we are new englands team and were going to show it. flipper years back knew that the acc wasn't going to add wvu and uconn like they should have $$ wise so he started to talk. hes all talk, his school fell off the cliff. he never had influence but he wanted to act like a hero becuase bc fans thought he was a huge fail but this could be his saving grace. there were several chain reaction things this year that told us what was going on. flipper leaves, jc leaves and several other small things that hinted at whats coming. the cold war is ending and its going to be a more brutal war now, one that will change new england for ever as a college sports area. we can and will take bc to the shed in many other sports, were going to join them in puck which will be a struggle but one worth building. but on the fields and court we can and should go after bc down the the last second of every match. this is our chance to once and for ever put them to rest.

3) espn for the past 2 years continued to drop hints about uconn could be next here and there always tied with acc talk. the reaosn is a couple years ago this happened. the acc was looking to expand to 14 or 15 and lure nd as partial until 2015. the acc did a bs study and came to the conclusion that cuse and pitt were the best adds. that study was flawed to be partial to opinions of tobacco road who at the time wanted bball schools in the north east that could play fball but no be very good as they didn't want to damage there own fball any more than it was. at the same time fsu was wary of the study and did there own. the finding were that wvu, uconn, pitt, ruty, lville, cuse in order were the most value to be added. the acc wouldn't touch wvu not becuase of academics, but becuase of them being a fball power that would make the league un balanced. swofford is in love with his bball and private schools. uconn or lville would also not work becuase both of them had huge potential in fball that would ruin tobacco road fball being blah. what u then saw was espn knowing that the acc was making the wrong move still pump wvu, uconn and ruty to places. why? becuase they held the vlaue. the reason the acc contract wasn't a splash was becuase espn couldn't pay for cuse and pitt what the acc wanted. they could have got 20 mil for wvu, uconn...since those moves its no accident that espn while devalueating the nbe was still pumping ruty and uconn moving in CR type reports. the acc tried to kill us then tried to write us off as not relevant, now they are in a trying time and our looking our way for help, we will take this and run with it, but dont you ever, ever feel wanted by them or want to call this place home. this is not our future, we are not a dying public school that only plays bball. we are uconn!

4) thank you jim clahoun from the bottom of my heart. thank you lew as well. there are many thank yous to go around and many **** yous also like jh. the future of uconn is bright, but we must realise potential and strive to achieve it. i'm talking about everything from more research to expansion of the rent. i will talk about this stuff later post move to the acc.

lastly, warde and susan had a decision to make at the bot meeting last week. i think they made the right one. i have been all over warde since he got here, he has now proved himself to me and susan as well(i never was after her as i felt she was doing good things). there are many more things that need to be done, but this is one heck of a start for them. post move i will be writing another thread, this one more serious so even fishy can read it and think i did go to hs grammer wise. until then, think about 1-4 and remember to hold true to our values of uconn. i will continue to pump the 18 b10 as i feel thats coming by 2015-17 time line due to certain important dates.

Dan, a lot of great things there to react to. Can you please elaborate on "lastly, warde and susan had a decision to make at the bot meeting last week. i think they made the right one"?

Reaction Score
As they are both constituted today, I would rather be in the ACC than the Big Ten. Now, I understand that we know the Big Ten will be here in 20 years as a superpower and we don't know that about the ACC, but as they are today that would be my choice.

My first choice would be the Big East as it existed 15 months ago, which is still a conference I will always love, but I recognize that that ship has sailed.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score

1) do not gogogaga over the acc. dont defend the league on public forums or praise it(best league, most ships blah blha). bball only fans in our fanbase need to understand whats going on in CR, they need to be educated. this is just a business stop for us. we join, we win, we build, we out. we are not here for long run and nor do we want to be. doesn't matter if wake forest fans are nice to u or fsu fans have great tits. doesn't matter. do not fall in love in any way with this conf. for many years we have hated this god ****ing dam piece of **** conf and hey have hated on us. they tried to ruin a investment we made and for years have been jealous of our bball programs winning without needing them. this is a quick stop, be professional and help your school/state/fanabse grow and grow quickly.

4) thank you jim clahoun from the bottom of my heart. thank you lew as well. there are many thank yous to go around and many **** yous also like jh. the future of uconn is bright, but we must realise potential and strive to achieve it. i'm talking about everything from more research to expansion of the rent. i will talk about this stuff later post move to the acc.

Dan, a lot of great things there to react to. Can you please elaborate on "lastly, warde and susan had a decision to make at the bot meeting last week. i think they made the right one"?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
news will be coming quick i think. i hope all fans take the stanc ei do on the acc. we can not be happy with this move and fall asleep for wht the future of big boy fball will be becuase we could then get left behind. when we upgraded we got happy and fell asleep, it resulted in us being passed over for silly reason, we can not fall asleep again no matter how good a move we make at any given time. enjoy the acc the next couple years but strive for the b10 in 2015-17 range time line wise. it should be every uconns fans duty to to b10 going to 18 and locking up 1 of the 4 super conf spots. let the b12 do its thing once the acc buyout is exposed and watch 2 certain privat east coast schools rot and be left out of the one day 4x model.

rmoore1999- you know what im hinting at, i will not be the one to post anything concrete becuas ei am not connected enough source wise to do so. think about what i have wrote and make your opinion of me based off it.

what bl said is garbage sorry bl, we cant have uconn fans be happy about the acc. it will be how we get passed by eventually and never become a power. being happy in the acc will lead us to never expand research, the rent etc. its not how we shoudl live. we need to live agressively and be hungry to get to the promise land. the acc is not that land in the future.

lastly
1) cuse fans who think they are to good for us, your fball program is a has been and your bball never was. your the expample every one uese with fake power. racking up wins under 1 coach year after year but never winnign ti all and becoming a power. u had 1 great year(no knowcking it) with melo who was a monster player. besides that u have neve got it done and never will again. you are a dying east coast private and will one day need pitt to lobby for you for a b12 invite as #16/17 or 18.

2) i hope ppl here over the next couple years eat major crow pie over and over again. the acc is on a clock right now before it dies and becomes a major bball conf only and a left out fbll conf. we can not live here or be happy. the future of the acc is garbage. its years away but it is garbage. all the fans who think lowly of uconn or the moves that will happen to the acc. the writing has been on the wall for a long time, it will slowly play out and expose all of u.

Reaction Score
news will be coming quick i think. i hope all fans take the stanc ei do on the acc. we can not be happy with this move and fall asleep for wht the future of big boy fball will be becuase we could then get left behind. when we upgraded we got happy and fell asleep, it resulted in us being passed over for silly reason, we can not fall asleep again no matter how good a move we make at any given time. enjoy the acc the next couple years but strive for the b10 in 2015-17 range time line wise. it should be every uconns fans duty to to b10 going to 18 and locking up 1 of the 4 super conf spots. let the b12 do its thing once the acc buyout is exposed and watch 2 certain privat east coast schools rot and be left out of the one day 4x model.

rmoore1999- you know what im hinting at, i will not be the one to post anything concrete becuas ei am not connected enough source wise to do so. think about what i have wrote and make your opinion of me based off it.

what bl said is garbage sorry bl, we cant have uconn fans be happy about the acc. it will be how we get passed by eventually and never become a power. being happy in the acc will lead us to never expand research, the rent etc. its not how we shoudl live. we need to live agressively and be hungry to get to the promise land. the acc is not that land in the future.

lastly
1) **** cuse fans who think they are to good for us, your fball program is a has been and your bball never was. your the expample every one uese with fake power. racking up wins under 1 coach year after year but never winnign ti all and becoming a power. u had 1 great year(no knowcking it) with melo who was a monster player. besides that u have neve got it done and never will again. you are a dying east coast private and will one day need pitt to lobby for you for a b12 invite as #16/17 or 18.

2) i hope ppl here over the next couple years eat major crow pie over and over again. the acc is on a clock right now before it dies and becomes a major bball conf only and a left out fbll conf. we can not live here or be happy. the future of the acc is garbage. its years away but it is garbage. **** all the fans who think lowly of uconn or the moves that will happen to the acc. the writing has been on the wall for a long time, it will slowly play out and expose all of u.

To the extent I can follow what you are saying:

1. You are free to have different opinions than I do, and don't have to be sorry about that.

2. I don't think it is impossible that a few schools leave the ACC and it is left at #5 in a four conference football world. However, there are two other possibilities that could also happen. First, 16 or 20 or 24 teams from all over the country can split off into a Superleague, just leaving the other conferences behind them. We will never be in that superleague, and especially with basketball the ACC will be as well positioned as any other existing conference without its top star or two. Second, TX and Oklahoma can leave the Big XII for the Pac Ten, SEC or Big Ten, in which case the Big XII will be done, the ACC can add a member or two from it if it wants and it will be cemented as the 4th of a power four.

As I've said before, I don't find it definitive that the ACC is going to be the confernce carved up like a turkey. Especially as long as it's in ESPN's interest that it survive, which it is.

But you know what Dan -- time will tell.

P.s. The only things we as fans can do to help us "be ready" for the Big Ten is to buy more tickets, make bigger donations, travel more to road games and convince others to do the same. Some of us -- like me -- have urged this repeatedly for years. What else exactly do you want the fanbase to do to cause us entree into one of four superpowers if the world goes that way? Because whether I agree with you or not, we still need to sell more tickets, make bigger donations and travel better. (Well, we also need a new football coach but that discussion can still wait until 12/2).

RMoore1999

Reaction Score

lastly
1) **** cuse fans who think they are to good for us, your fball program is a has been and your bball never was. your the expample every one uese with fake power. racking up wins under 1 coach year after year but never winnign ti all and becoming a power. u had 1 great year(no knowcking it) with melo who was a monster player. besides that u have neve got it done and never will again. you are a dying east coast private and will one day need pitt to lobby for you for a b12 invite as #16/17 or 18.

2) i hope ppl here over the next couple years eat major crow pie over and over again. the acc is on a clock right now before it dies and becomes a major bball conf only and a left out fbll conf. we can not live here or be happy. the future of the acc is garbage. its years away but it is garbage. **** all the fans who think lowly of uconn or the moves that will happen to the acc. the writing has been on the wall for a long time, it will slowly play out and expose all of u.

Thanks, Dan. I hear you; hopefully when the dust settles you can share some background on the BoT references. I love your passion...too bad more of our fanbase cant muster the same.

Reaction Score
P.s. The only things we as fans can do to help us "be ready" for the Big Ten is to buy more tickets, make bigger donations, travel more to road games and convince others to do the same. Some of us -- like me -- have urged this repeatedly for years. What else exactly do you want the fanbase to do to cause us entree into one of four superpowers if the world goes that way? Because whether I agree with you or not, we still need to sell more tickets, make bigger donations and travel better. (Well, we also need a new football coach but that discussion can still wait until 12/2).

+1,000,000

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
keep trucking b10!!! dont stop here, go for the kill!!!

fsu pres he is wathcing the exit fee with md. fsu is gone imho
gt is begging like lville, they will enjoy each other in the b12 one day
b10 is going to have a east coast office but keep HC in chitown area
unc/uva/uconn and lure ND

LETS GO GET THIS DONE JIM!!!!!!!!!!!

the acc, cuse, fuke duke, prov lame ass mother fuckers stuck in the a10.

congrats to rutgers for getting a ticket, i hope we get one also. big publics rise and privates die!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beat new mexico!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
And people said we have no shot at the B1G. Now you know better.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
espn still pushing uconn, do they know more movement is coming? espn doesn't control the other leagues like it does the acc, they could be looking bad here shortly. hell even coack k is saying more to come soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom