Does anyone here | The Boneyard

Does anyone here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
want to have a serious conversation about what is going to be happening now? For the past year I have had my fun on this board like others but now that we have actual news we should have a actual conversation about whats really going on, not the crap being pooped out right now. I'm talking about educating bball fans here who have no clue whats going on. I'm talking about the metrics that matter and how they are being misrepresented. I'm talking about how many of you shot down my stuff or others stuff for months only now beginging to see that your going be be eating a lot of crow pie until around 2017 when all of this movement finally ends. There are a few people on this board that like this CR world and have done a lot of reading about it and understand whats really going on. I would like to have a actual converstaion with them.

I'm talking about where we are going as UConn in the future and what decision was or wasn't made this past week at a BoT meeting. I'm talking about what ESPN's actual agenda is, not just the hate hate hate that we fire for not moving to the ACC. ESPN only pumps certain things for certain reasons when it comes to its money being in question. People are missing the ball on the actual message being moved by ESPN. I can go on and on but this has turned into a mess as the MD rumors fly. So who wants to chat about this?

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
no one hugh? fine then by me. every single one of you are missing something that recently happened or are misunderstanding it. we will have big news to share soon and i feel confident about it. good night.

Reaction Score
Dan we'd all love for big news asap. No one wants to make predictions at this point. I agree the end of this awful saga is likely soon, whether is good news or bad I don't even feel like predicting..rather just prepare for life in the group of 5 and thank god if it never happens.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I re-read your post a bunch of times Dan... reading between the lines, do you have info that the ACC will implode sooner rather than later?

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I re-read your post a bunch of times Dan... reading between the lines, do you have info that the ACC will implode sooner rather than later?
Clever girl...

Reaction Score
Dan there are 46 different threads talking about the same thing you started this thread about. Just sayin'....:cool:

Reaction Score
I've been waiting for a sh#Tstorm from ESPN for a few weeks. I think this is it. Does anyone have anything really concrete to reference from anybody?

I've done a few searches, and everything I find - traces back to ESPN "sources". this thing has really grown into something though. YOu've got some major players commenting on it, but nothing of value....just comments. I know a couple of guys, who a long time ago, before the internet, decided to see if they could start a rumor that would make national headlines, and they did it. FUnny how information can spread.

What i think - is that the Big East is probably really close to signing a deal, with a lot of freedom and room to grow for it's members to sell out their own rights as well as be under an umbrella conference deal.... and much like the Godfather always said - keep friends close, and your enemies closer - the major competitors out there, that may throw a cog into the Disney profit machine, is not NBC, but may just be FOX, and the quiet one in the corner I dumped all over a few months ago - CBS.

as for UConn, we need to beat the sh(t out of Louisville next week. THats all I care. I want payback still for that 26-0 game two years ago.

Good night. Sleep tight.

junglehusky

Reaction Score
Carl, is there any possible scenario that isn't proof of an ESPN conspiracy in your mind?

My feeling - despite what DeFilippo said, this isn't being driven completely by ESPN, this is being driven by collective paranoia on the part of college presidents (the prisoner's dilemma), egos on the part of conference comissioners, ESPN and the networks are just providing the incentives ($$$) and the opportunities for those people to do what they do. To me that's a more parsimonious explanation than a grand conspiracy.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
want to have a serious conversation about what is going to be happening now? For the past year I have had my fun on this board like others but now that we have actual news we should have a actual conversation about whats really going on, not the crap being pooped out right now. I'm talking about educating bball fans here who have no clue whats going on. I'm talking about the metrics that matter and how they are being misrepresented. I'm talking about how many of you shot down my stuff or others stuff for months only now beginging to see that your going be be eating a lot of crow pie until around 2017 when all of this movement finally ends. There are a few people on this board that like this CR world and have done a lot of reading about it and understand whats really going on. I would like to have a actual converstaion with them.

I'm talking about where we are going as UConn in the future and what decision was or wasn't made this past week at a BoT meeting. I'm talking about what ESPN's actual agenda is, not just the hate hate hate that we fire for not moving to the ACC. ESPN only pumps certain things for certain reasons when it comes to its money being in question. People are missing the ball on the actual message being moved by ESPN. I can go on and on but this has turned into a mess as the MD rumors fly. So who wants to chat about this?

Dan, I'd like to talk and have you elaborate on:

"I'm talking about where we are going as UConn in the future and what decision was or wasn't made this past week at a BoT meeting"

if you're not drunk and passed out yet... I'm trending there myself quite quickly, so lets get to it....!

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Carl, is there any possible scenario that isn't proof of an ESPN conspiracy in your mind?

My feeling - despite what DeFilippo said, this isn't being driven completely by ESPN, this is being driven by collective paranoia on the part of college presidents (the prisoner's dilemma), egos on the part of conference comissioners, ESPN and the networks are just providing the incentives ($$$) and the opportunities for those people to do what they do. To me that's a more parsimonious explanation than a grand conspiracy.
Prisoners dilemma and parimonious in one post... very nice.

In case Carl really did go to bed, let me offer my best Carl :

• Don't believe anything unless you hear it straight from the commissioners.
  • This all goes back to the Supreme Court decision.
  • ESPN is trying to kill the sleeping giant that is the NNBE, which will come to dominate all the land because because games will be on in every time slot available.
  • The conference commissioner finally gets it.
  • New England Football is back.
  • The football feasibility study said we could have SEC-like support for football.
  • USS Hartford.
  • Various one-word football allegories such as : Toughness. Trenches. Grit.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Prisoners dilemma and parimonious in one post... very nice.

In case Carl really did go to bed, let me offer my best Carl :

• Don't believe anything unless you hear it straight from the commissioners.
  • This all goes back to the Supreme Court decision.
  • ESPN is trying to kill the sleeping giant that is the NNBE, which will come to dominate all the land because because games will be on in every time slot available.
  • The conference commissioner finally gets it.
  • New England Football is back.
  • The football feasibility study said we could have SEC-like support for football.
  • USS Hartford.
  • Various one-word football allegories such as : Toughness. Trenches. Grit.

You forgot the Big East "no" decision to Penn State in 1991.....this whole thing has made me a very sad man...:oops::(

junglehusky

Reaction Score
  • Somehow the Petraeus affair is linked to conference realignment, just don't ask me how

Reaction Score
What is going on? Most of us are our collective pants right now, that's what is going on.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i have a lot to say everyone but let me be clear

1) the acc
2) we are new england
3) dreams can come true
4) thank you Jim Calhoun

cross fingers, drink heavy and pray 2night. i will be back around midnight. like i said, i feel confident we have a shot at something big here.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

1) **** the acc
2) we are new england
3) dreams can come true
4) thank you Jim Calhoun

cross fingers, drink heavy and pray 2night. i will be back around midnight. like i said, i feel confident we have a shot at something big here.
I honestly don't understand about 50% (or more) of your posts.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
K

1) **** the acc
2) we are new england
3) dreams can come true
4) thank you Jim Calhoun

cross fingers, drink heavy and pray 2night. i will be back around midnight.
I

Amen to #4, especially.

Everyone does understand that IF this comes to pass, the NewACC North is really the old Big East, right??

Reaction Score

1) **** the acc
2) we are new england
3) dreams can come true
4) thank you Jim Calhoun

If you read this post and look at the post on the football board which says a Miami sports station is saying Maryland, Rutty, Uconn and UVa to the Big Ten......hmmmmmmmmm

junglehusky

Reaction Score
K
I

Amen to #4, especially.

Everyone does understand that IF this comes to pass, the NewACC North is really the old Big East, right??
Yes. Except we'll be missing Temple. Boo hoo.

junglehusky

Reaction Score

1) **** the acc
2) we are new england
3) dreams can come true
4) thank you Jim Calhoun

"duck* the ACC" is a good credo if we have an invite to the B1G. It is not a good credo if we have our only two choices are ACC or to stay in the NNBE.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
Yes. Except we'll be missing Temple. Boo hoo.

Ha. And Rutty and WVU (and their worst defense in history -- the WVU defense may even be worse than the UConn offense)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom