Does anyone have Joe D audio from Teggart USF Kick? | The Boneyard

Does anyone have Joe D audio from Teggart USF Kick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I've never heard the call from Joe D and am absolutely dying to hear him call the kick that sent us to the fiesta bowl. If you have any idea where i can find that and any other Joe D uconn football audio please let me know. thanks!

Reaction Score
I've never heard the call from Joe D and am absolutely dying to hear him call the kick that sent us to the fiesta bowl. If you have any idea where i can find that and any other Joe D uconn football audio please let me know. thanks!
Paging Santini!!!!

Reaction Score
Joe D's legacy with UConn sports is well documented. He's a tireless worker and a good soldier. However in my opinion he is a basketball announcer that also does football. I just don't get juiced up when he calls a football game. I think partly because he has such a high-pitched voice. His description of the game is also extremely "vanilla" leading me to believe that he doesn't know the game to the extent that a good football announcer should.

On the other hand I think that he's an excellent basketball announcer who is quite knowledgeable and calls a game that flows very nicely.

Reaction Score
Lethalinjection said:
Joe D's legacy with UConn sports is well documented. He's a tireless worker and a good soldier. However in my opinion he is a basketball announcer that also does football. I just don't get juiced up when he calls a football game. I think partly because he has such a high-pitched voice. His description of the game is also extremely "vanilla" leading me to believe that he doesn't know the game to the extent that a good football announcer should. On the other hand I think that he's an excellent basketball announcer who is quite knowledgeable and calls a game that flows very nicely.

That was my thought. The call wasn't that exciting. Unfortunately, the broadcast quality wasn't top quality on television either.

It was great seeing UConn at Michigan and watching a top notch college football broadcast involving UConn. They are rare.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
He's a pompous blowhard. Don't really like how he injects himself over the event.

Reaction Score
RedSoloCup said:
He's a pompous blowhard. Don't really like how he injects himself over the event.
Agreed! He always feels a need to give his opinion (or judgment) about almost everything. When he sticks to just the game, he can be decent. But the constant attitude he asserts that he knows better than anyone else, really overshadows any positives that he might bring to the broadcast. He really brings a small-town feel to the game with his little kid like competitive attitude. Wayne Norman somehow manages to rise above it and remains the lone professional of the team.

Reaction Score
2Infinity said:
Agreed! He always feels a need to give his opinion (or judgment) about almost everything. When he sticks to just the game, he can be decent. But the constant attitude he asserts that he knows better than anyone else, really overshadows any positives that he might bring to the broadcast. He really brings a small-town feel to the game with his little kid like competitive attitude. Wayne Norman somehow manages to rise above it and remains the lone professional of the team.

I get the feeling that you guys don't listen to many other college team announcers.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I really don't care about your personal opinions of him I just want the audio if anyone has it. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Excalibur said:
I get the feeling that you guys don't listen to many other college team announcers.
Nice try Ex, but I think you missed my main point. "Homerism" runs rampant these days, and I don't see that improving any time soon, unfortunately. My main point about Joe D. is that he gives way too many personally related comments and opinions, to be considered a quality professional. The listener wants to hear about the game, not the announcer and his sarcastic digs at others and what his opinion of the plays are. As for listening to others, I used to be an announcer myself, so I truly appreciate hearing good broadcasters. Joe D.'s ego prevents him from being one!

Reaction Score
10-15 years ago, joe D would do the news for the national ESPN radio Sunday night show. One of the show hosts (I want to say Tony Bruno) would rag on Joe D for being from Hartford, and Joe would just cower to the abuse, never once having the pride to fight back.

The very next day he would do the local Arnold dean show and pompously big-time callers, ripoff the schtick of the ESPN guys like a hack while passing it off as his own.

I haven't bothered to listen to him since, no thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom