Does anyone have any info regarding Aubrey's condition? | The Boneyard

Does anyone have any info regarding Aubrey's condition?

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
Fortunately for Aubrey, unfortunately for us fans, HIPAA protects the patient as to the information that is released. UCONN cannot release any information (condition, diagnosis, prognosis) without Aubrey or her parents approval.

Reaction Score
Fortunately for Aubrey, unfortunately for us fans, HIPAA protects the patient as to the information that is released. UCONN cannot release any information (condition, diagnosis, prognosis) without Aubrey or her parents approval.
She's not a minor, so her parents no longer have a say in the matter, it's strictly up to her.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
They may be waiting for results or more consultations before releasing anything. It is all up to Aubrey, who would most likely talk to her parents first before letting any type of information to be released.

Reaction Score
No news is good news I was taught so I'm being optimistic and praying for the best outcome for her 1st then, family and friends 2nd, and her fans 3rd. And as a true fan, the 3rd outcome is not that important I'd prefer the first outcome

Reaction Score
They may be waiting for results or more consultations before releasing anything. It is all up to Aubrey, who would most likely talk to her parents first before letting any type of information to be released.
They may not even be able to do the necessary tests yet depending on swelling. Remember how long it took with Azzi before they were able to do an MRI?

Reaction Score
My two cents. The team traveled straight from Creighton to Georgetown. Aubrey will be announced as not playing prior to tip-off at Georgetown. The team will then travel home to Storrs, where Aubrey will be evaluated by Uconn medical staff. Sometime after, we’ll hear of either a timetable for return or out for the season. We always find out a players status once the appropriate evaluations are done.

Reaction Score
My two cents. The team traveled straight from Creighton to Georgetown. Aubrey will be announced as not playing prior to tip-off at Georgetown. The team will then travel home to Storrs, where Aubrey will be evaluated by Uconn medical staff. Sometime after, we’ll hear of either a timetable for return or out for the season. We always find out a players status once the appropriate evaluations are done.
Highly unlikely that Aubrey will be in attendance at G'Town game.

Reaction Score
Steve Young, the quarterback of the NFL's San Francisco team, was essentially forced into retirement after a series of devastating concussions. The club made clear that, after sitting out much of his final season with concussion symptoms, it would not resign him, and other clubs refused to take a chance on him. Young played high school football at Greenwich High School in Fairfield County, and youth football when he attended Eastern Middle School in the town.

It's sometimes not the choice of the athlete, but the athlete's team. When Coach Geno remarks that he's concerned about the next ten years of Caroline's life, he might be counseling her about her future.

Reaction Score
They may not even be able to do the necessary tests yet depending on swelling. Remember how long it took with Azzi before they were able to do an MRI?
Geno just said that to delay announcing it. From all the other information we have had, sounds like Azzi knew before the Maryland game which was two days after the injury.

Reaction Score
That is why we have Hope and Prayer. We hope Aubrey and Caroline will get better and Pray with all our hearts that Aubrey and Caroline will heal and be normal and back to their old selves. There are many stories of Hope and Prayer doing wonders that can't be explained. I Hope and Pray that this will be one of them.GO AUBRET AND CAROLINE!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

Reaction Score
I absolutely HATE when a team trainer goes out on the floor for an injured player and isn’t carrying an ice pack. whether it’s a ankle, knee, elbow, hands, shoulder, head, etc. apply ice immediately will help to keep the swelling and edema down Instead of waiting to get to the bench or locker room. I don’t believe there is any harm to applying the ice immediately and could possibly make the Injury less severe.

Reaction Score
I absolutely HATE when a team trainer goes out on the floor for an injured player and isn’t carrying an ice pack. whether it’s a ankle, knee, elbow, hands, shoulder, head, etc. apply ice immediately will help to keep the swelling and edema down Instead of waiting to get to the bench or locker room. I don’t believe there is any harm to applying the ice immediately and could possibly make the Injury less severe.
If it's a torn ligament, ice is not going to help. I have torn my ACL and MCL and ice wasn't going to reattach either.

Reaction Score
granted ice won’t help if it’s a torn ligament, but will help keeping the swelling down so you might get a MRI done sooner plus the cold ice will help lesson the pain of the injury. When the trainer first goes out on the floor, they do not know the extent of the injury. APPLY THE ICE

Reaction Score
I know nothing more than anyone else around here but if Vega$ put odds on whether she's back or now I'm taking the latter side of that wager aggressively.

Reaction Score
We are not supposed to speculate on injuries to our players so I won't. It just seems that non-contact injuries to UCONN players have been of Biblical proportions. I watched Aubrey's father play at Seton Hall a long time ago and she plays remarkably like him. Same floor game. My heart goes out to her.

Reaction Score
She's over 18 and therefore will make her own decisions. However, based on what we know about her family and the apparent closeness, it is highly unlikely she wouldn't at least discuss this with her parents. Why do we care one way or the other?

Reaction Score
granted ice won’t help if it’s a torn ligament, but will help keeping the swelling down so you might get a MRI done sooner plus the cold ice will help lesson the pain of the injury. When the trainer first goes out on the floor, they do not know the extent of the injury. APPLY THE ICE
When BYers post medical advice here, shouldn't they also post their medical credentials?

I'm sure that the trainer in question knew exactly what she was doing. She just might have had more medical training than most of the BYers here.

Reaction Score
Even if the team chartered to DC, has anyone seen Aubrey in DC? Might she have simply flown back to Storrs with a staff member for immediate UConn medical evaluation and possible treatment?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom