Does anyone else.... | The Boneyard

Does anyone else....

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
cringe when you see Dee Kantner on the floor? I do.

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
How is Dee Kanter any different than the group as a whole?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
How is Dee Kanter any different than the group as a whole?
She has a much quicker whistle than most. When I watch her ref, I see someone who is trying more to impress everyone that she is "in charge'" rather than just be a competent game official. She used to be highly regarded, and maybe still is by some, but I really would prefer that she did not do any more "big" UConn games.

Reaction Score
My 1st time ever complaining about refs but other than Sally Bell, Dee Cantor is also a UC disliker.Called every foul in the lane against
UC but allowed ND to slap on the hand or arm the whole game with no call.

Ruffian75

Uncle Mo of Posters
Reaction Score
I think we need four refs per game so nothing gets by them. How about a quartet of Sally The Whistle, Dee, June Courteau, and Bonita Spence? The game would probably end with three on three.

Funny thing about refs....we only seem to know the names of the bad ones.

Reaction Score
Bonita remains my number 1 worst. I hate to see her show up for any of them.

Reaction Score
After reviewing Saturday's game, it seems the officials let them play. I have abslutely no quareel with the officiating.

If the walk on Caroline had not been called, very few eyebrows would havew been raised. After playing it back over and over and over again, I still cannot conclusively determine one way or the other. I would have let it go.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I think Dee is very good - however - like every other ref she has her own set of calls / no calls.

She tends to allow a much more physical game, with a lot of slapping.

In addition to a lot of TV games, I saw Arizona play UCLA and USC this weekend. In the first game, all the fouls were on UCLA, the coach was in a snit. In the 2nd game, more the other way around. But in both games, the crew (neither very good, IMHO) were at least consistent. Especially in the UCLA game, UCLA was doing things they were calling and AZ was not. In the USC game, where AZ did not play very well, stupid fouls for not being in position, etc. and charges were commonplace. USC was playing more intellegent ball and not getting called for these fouls.

In both cases, there were fouls not called, some odd block / charge calls, etc. - but as I say the crews seemed self-consistent (not so common a thing, always). And that's what I say about Dee Kantner and most of the other well thought of refs, they are consistent to the game they call. It may not be the same as another ref, and it can certainly favor one team over the other, but it is usually consistent.

Reaction Score
The refs are a given..every game. Dee can be painful on the road in a close game but you know what you're getting and have to adjust. The refs didn't alter the shots/foul shots from going in. We lost because we didn't shoot well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom