Does Aaron Nesmith give Tyler Polley hope for the draft? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Does Aaron Nesmith give Tyler Polley hope for the draft?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
oh yeah. I don’t think polley makes it without some improvements.

just that comparisons need to be more on point.

Using Powell is kind of like saying vital won’t make it because mike sweetney didn’t make it in the NBA.

Sure, but I already used Daniel Hamilton, who is more on point.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Sure, but I already used Daniel Hamilton, who is more on point.

absolutely. Hamilton tested as one of the worst athletes in his class. That was a major factor. I’m curious how polley will test. But he’d also have to get an invite to the combine.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Well I know which player ill be rooting for to surpass expectations this season.

Reaction Score
The Celtics picked the 6-6, 215 pounder with #14. He shot 39% and 52% from the arc in his two seasons at Vandy.

Tyler is 6-9, 215 with 41%, 38% and 40% from the arc in his first three years. Moving that percentage just a wee bit north makes for a nice comparison. Both are very good spot up shooters and Polley has been very good coming off screens with just a little space. Tyler probably has to pick up his over all game. His two point shooting, especially from close in, could be better as could his rebounding.

But this is not an impossible ask. Push the 3-point percentage over 45. Add a few more boards. He really seemed to be coming into his own when he was hurt last year. This is his last go around. Not the time to hold anything back. #14 is probably too high. But a great season could get him into round one. Would love to see it.
Tyler Phommachanh is a great story .... And easily may not be starting at the end of his senior year in college.

Hope he makes real good cash in Europe.

Reaction Score
Right now I would take polley over nesmith any day.Nesmith looks soft

Reaction Score
From the Bouk thread:
1609940593320.png

Now for Polley...
That Marquette defensive rebound, coast-to-coast to the finger roll and-1 will be on his draft hype video during ESPN's draft coverage. ?

For real, though, I don't think Polley will be drafted or even signed to a two-way deal, but he's had enough banner games where he's developed his resume enough where he make a pretty good career internationally.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I get the sentiment. There is certainly a chance some team takes a swipe at Polley just because of his shooting ability. That could get him a shot than some traditionally better players (CV, Boat come to mind) just because of the way NBA players are going. I doubt it will happen though.
His 6’9” inches is also a factor that jumps out at you. He is also young and still maturing physically. Strength is his big issue .
RB was well under 6’0” the NBA doesn’t like small guys with rare exceptions.
if he was CV ‘s height he would have been a first round pick
CV had far less skill than RB who handle was amazing.

Reaction Score
From the Bouk thread:
View attachment 63262

Now for Polley...
That Marquette defensive rebound, coast-to-coast to the finger roll and-1 will be on his draft hype video during ESPN's draft coverage. ?

For real, though, I don't think Polley will be drafted or even signed to a two-way deal, but he's had enough banner games where he's developed his resume enough where he make a pretty good career internationally.
I think he should come back next year . He is still developing.
I agree this year is too soon. But his hitting three off his dribble is a huge step up skill wise for a 6’9” guy. He had got to get stronger yet to survive in the league.

Reaction Score
Tyler should watch Reggie Bullock. He gets open and has a quick release.

Reaction Score
Nesmith has really improved as of late. Always battles for every single loose ball and rebound. Starting to like the kid a lot. Three ball starting to fall better as his minutes get more consistent.

Reaction Score
The Celtics picked the 6-6, 215 pounder with #14. He shot 39% and 52% from the arc in his two seasons at Vandy.

Tyler is 6-9, 215 with 41%, 38% and 40% from the arc in his first three years. Moving that percentage just a wee bit north makes for a nice comparison. Both are very good spot up shooters and Polley has been very good coming off screens with just a little space. Tyler probably has to pick up his over all game. His two point shooting, especially from close in, could be better as could his rebounding.

But this is not an impossible ask. Push the 3-point percentage over 45. Add a few more boards. He really seemed to be coming into his own when he was hurt last year. This is his last go around. Not the time to hold anything back. #14 is probably too high. But a great season could get him into round one. Would love to see it.
With our roster, he will be lucky to get 5 minutes a game. Needs to transfer to Central ct.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom