Dodd: 2021 Hot Seat Rankings | The Boneyard

Dodd: 2021 Hot Seat Rankings

Reaction Score

No surprise - Edsall same ranking as last year.

Some interesting names in the same “Win or be fired” category:

Scott Frost
Justin Fuente
Herb Edwards
Ed Orgeron
Jim Harbaugh
Clay Helton
Walt Bell
Dana Dimel

Reaction Score
I believe Scott Frost will be given a little more leeway as Nebraska really needs to be built from the ground up. Harbaugh has been recruiting fairly well. He will need to develop a quarterback though. He will be given a few more years to turn it around.

Reaction Score
I can see Harbaugh moving on... He had some success in the NFL. Might get end up getting another shot there (Pete Carroll part deux)..... Looks like he's peaked at Michigan... They don't like losing (to Ohio State consistently) there.. plus if they lose to the likes of not only OSU, but MIchigan State, Wisconsin, and let's say get upset by Indiana and/or NWestern... he's done....

Reaction Score
He’s on the hot seat for sure. It’s 4th and 24 for him; with taking the last season off. Going to be some blowouts,

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How can Ed Orgeron be on this list ?He just brought home a National Title to LSU. He is 45-14 at LSU
Ridiculous list.......

All the off the field stuff has caught up to LSU and those in the university and athletic dept administration who previously turned a blind eye or spiked stories are gone.

He has to win cleanly or he'll be axed.

Reaction Score
How can Ed Orgeron be on this list ?He just brought home a National Title to LSU. He is 45-14 at LSU
Ridiculous list.......
This is one of the reasons.

Reaction Score
file this ... under Dennis Dodd is a dick. It just is not an intelligent look at the national coaching scene. Edsall? UCONN ... UMASS; Dodd never comes of his basic premise: we shouldn't exist. He has no idea on why we actually like football and the investment by a major institution. One that actually can build Programs in college sports. (as opposed to some within 100 miles of him) And the comments about Frost ... and Bell were just snark

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
He’s on the hot seat for sure. It’s 4th and 24 for him; with taking the last season off. Going to be some blowouts,
Please expound? Is this your talk or the university?

Reaction Score
I underline and bold my opinion ... things worked out perfectly for Randy Edsall. He has attacked the Covid period exactly as you would expect. A good 20 month of coachemup. He had the time to gather a cohesive coaching staff ... and work the weightroom ... and technique both his lines ... he knows the Offense and Defense he wants + has a good solid special teams coach. a bunch of years of recruiting

Blowouts? Obviously Clemson. UCF and Houston are maybes. He will do better that expected - I expect - if he actually has a good quarterback. That's it. He has depth at WR, RB, DB + LB ... and that is a Edsall at his best. A QB?

Reaction Score
crazy talk

umm I don’t think I am the one who isn’t in touch with reality here. He’s got six wins. Six. If the losses mount any kid with talent will be in the portal at the drop of a hat.

if he doesn’t win then the recruiting might save him. Might.

4th and looooooooong.

Reaction Score
I underline and bold my opinion ... things worked out perfectly for Randy Edsall. He has attacked the Covid period exactly as you would expect. A good 20 month of coachemup. He had the time to gather a cohesive coaching staff ... and work the weightroom ... and technique both his lines ... he knows the Offense and Defense he wants + has a good solid special teams coach. a bunch of years of recruiting

Blowouts? Obviously Clemson. UCF and Houston are maybes. He will do better that expected - I expect - if he actually has a good quarterback. That's it. He has depth at WR, RB, DB + LB ... and that is a Edsall at his best. A QB?

So you’re saying taking the year off is an advantage?

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
NU isn’t getting rid of Scott despite what some of these National pundits think.

Reaction Score
So you’re saying taking the year off is an advantage?
I am. That's the way the world works. He got a full year to do what he often proclaims is his way to success. Great thing about this Football thing ... you actually have games as testing. If he looks like a dog in wins losses ... he's gone.

Reaction Score
Pudge and CL82 hit the nail on the head. Will taking the year off help or hurt? We will see.

Reaction Score
Interesting that there are 2 guys who took “upgrades” from their programs in the AAC and are now on the hot seat. Frost and Fuentes could have built long term programs at their original schools. As the old saying goes, this horse for this course. They were good fits now not so much. Frost I think is in a very tough spot. In the Big 10 Nebraska is just another team hardly distinguishable from Iowa or Illinois. Vtech has the unfortunate situation of being in a league with Clemson without the same commitment from anyone really.

Reaction Score
I tend to agree with Pudge that bowing out of the 2020 season was the right move for UCONN. The program was in shambles and using the year to get things in order and get kids more physically ready was not a poor plan. I do think that the team will have to pay a price early in the season for being away from the game that long, so holding together during the early stages of the season will be very important.

While you always need good QB play, I think our biggest challenge is on the other side of the line of scrimmage. Honestly, I think Edsall's decision to go with Crocker and his defensive scheme for two seasons was an enormous mistake. We're still recovering from that. We really have to hope that we can assemble a linebacker crew that can get the job done, because we haven't had a backer around who could make plays in about a million years. I think the Mitchell kid has some real promise.......let's hope.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom