Doc Rivers giving uconn some love | The Boneyard

Doc Rivers giving uconn some love

Reaction Score
He failed by not playing him more this year. Most overrated coached in the NBA!
I agree with you even though I know nothing about any of the coaches in the NBA.
Ownership was probably thinking of a totally different complete turnaround when they replaced Griffin with him..........

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I agree with you even though I know nothing about any of the coaches in the NBA.
Ownership was probably thinking of a totally different complete turnaround when they replaced Griffin with him..........
I still don't get why the fired Budenholzer. Before he led them to a title, the last time they won one, Julius Irving was still at UMass.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
I still don't get why the fired Budenholzer. Before he led them to a title, the last time they won one, Julius Irving was still at UMass.
Had to be the players and there are two really big name players on that team. They had to have had a part in it. I mean they were like 32-13. That does not come just from ownership or management…..no way imo..

Reaction Score
This was posted here last week after the Bucks lost. It's still the same stupid comment. Then why didn't he play Andre more? Just trying to deflect that he did a horrible job coaching the Bucks.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
He failed by not playing him more this year. Most overrated coached in the NBA!
He’s been riding one champ with 3 Hall of fame players his entire career. They were 31-13 before he took over and under .500 after

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
Then he gave him 7 minutes in the next game.
Unfortunately, Andre was terrible in those seven minutes.

For AJax to be more consistent, he needed to be seasoned throughout the season. We can all agree that didn't happen at all, which I believe hurt this team this year and in the long run.

I do think he will be an important piece on a championship team in the future.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
Had to be the players and there are two really big name players on that team. They had to have had a part in it. I mean they were like 32-13. That does not come just from ownership or management…..no way imo..
That was Adrian Griffin. Bud was fired after they lost to the Heat last year. A 1-8 loss is bad, no question, but the Heat were not a typical 8 seed, as the Celtics found out soon enough. And it's not like Bud could have been worse than Doc

Reaction Score
Doc screwed that team all up. He also did a great disservice to Ajax.... However, thier early exit from the playoffs was mainly due to Giannis not playing at all in that series.

Reaction Score
AJ needs to develop an NBA level jump shot over the summer. I’m not saying he will be as good as Ray or Hawk, but I’d love to see him copy/work out with them. He could be unstoppable!

Reaction Score
That title was kinda fluky. 75% of the league had at least one major injury bc they started the season 2 months after the last season ended. Giannis and Trae Young barely played in the ECF.

Reaction Score
Doc has basically been a disaster since that one championship. Pierce and KG are so insufferable you would think that team won 5 rings. The only one who looks good is Ray.
Doc is very overrated imo. He didn't do anything in LA or Philly with very talented rosters. Worse, he doesn't develop young players. That's why I fear for Ajax right now.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So just to be clear... The team was 32-13 before the firing of Griffin, 2nd place in the east. Rivers led them to a 49-33 record (thus going 17-20), getting passed by the Knicks in the regular season and ending only 1 game ahead of Cleveland, and he still has a job?

I say that tongue in cheek. The amount of PT Jackson got was just the icing on the cake for mismanagement in going 17-20... Just my $.02...

Reaction Score
and . . . . . . .

Now You Think About That. - Imgflip

Reaction Score
So just to be clear... The team was 32-13 before the firing of Griffin, 2nd place in the east. Rivers led them to a 49-33 record (thus going 17-20), getting passed by the Knicks in the regular season and ending only 1 game ahead of Cleveland, and he still has a job?

I say that tongue in cheek. The amount of PT Jackson got was just the icing on the cake for mismanagement in going 17-20... Just my $.02...
U need to update your signature line....forgetting 2024

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
U need to update your signature line....forgetting 2024
NOT forgetting. the site no longer allows signatures as long as mine and the admins won't adjust it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom