Do Yourself a Favor | The Boneyard

Do Yourself a Favor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Don't say that today's loss was all KO's fault. Or Amida's. Or T-Sam's. Or Omar's. Or Facey's.

So many things went wrong today. So many players played poorly. You'll be tempted to feel better by just putting it all on one person and say "if we benched this guy/forced this guy to transfer, it will all be better!"

This team has many issues. I don't think anyone should be released from their scholarship. In any case, that's not my call. But it's on them to work their @$$es off this summer and stop dragging each other down.

Reaction Score
Don't say that today's loss was all KO's fault. Or Amida's. Or T-Sam's. Or Omar's. Or Facey's.

So many things went wrong today. So many players played poorly. You'll be tempted to feel better by just putting it all on one person and say "if we benched this guy/forced this guy to transfer, it will all be better!"

This team has many issues. I don't think anyone should be released from their scholarship. In any case, that's not my call. But it's on them to work their @$$es off this summer and stop dragging each other down.
That was not a game. That was a practice team on the floor for Temple to tune up with. I am not sure who those guys were wearing Uconn jerseys

Reaction Score

OK I agree. Its your fault.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
sam, purvis, and facey seemed like they didnt want to be there... the talent is there... they need to get mentally right... amida and boat were getting pissed at the team for not playing defense and not getting back(minus hamilton)

Reaction Score
Dham is still pump faking in the locker room.

Yes he will be a star...but damn with all those pump fakes

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
brimah has stayed on the floor pretty much the whole game the past several games, hamilton and purvis have drastically improved their FTs, boat has improved his three point shooting tremendously... UConn could have the conference player of the year, rookie of the year, and defensive player of the year...the players who should be major contributors next season (brimah, hamilton, Purvis) have shown improvements in their game from the beginning of the season... This team seems to have more of a problem with the mental aspect than the physical part of the game...Seasons not over yet...

Reaction Score
I wish Jim Cahoun would attend the games, his presence seemed to motivate KO and the players

Reaction Score
Since you brought it up, who would you release from scholarship if you could?

Reaction Score
I think calhoun knows these games aren't good for his health
Yeah I think Ollie is earning his money as well as his health. He looks like he is aging game by game. Coaching teenagers who seem unresponsive (partly by lack of talent) is certainly wearing on him. He looked like he wanted to put his foot up a couple of player's arse today. I will say that he does appear to be too nice, as Calhoun I'm sure would hve benched a few, especially sensing we were going to lose anyway. In particular in a close game TSam and Calhoun threw a couple of lazy passes . . . . . to the opposition, that is unacceptable and should have immediate consequences. But in Ollie's defense who is he going to put in?

Reaction Score
sam, purvis, and facey seemed like they didnt want to be there... the talent is there... they need to get mentally right... amida and boat were getting pissed at the team for not playing defense and not getting back(minus hamilton)

I honestly don't think the talent is really there...at least not yet. If these guys were the 5th-7th options we might be okay, but Purvis and Hamilton are clearly 2/3 in some order and TSam is playing way too many minutes. The front court is really lacking in depth, talent, and skill.

Reaction Score
Yeah I think Ollie is earning his money as well as his health. He looks like he is aging game by game. Coaching teenagers who seem unresponsive (partly by lack of talent) is certainly wearing on him. He looked like he wanted to put his foot up a couple of player's arse today. I will say that he does appear to be too nice, as Calhoun I'm sure would hve benched a few, especially sensing we were going to lose anyway. In particular in a close game TSam and Calhoun threw a couple of lazy passes . . . . . to the opposition, that is unacceptable and should have immediate consequences. But in Ollie's defense who is he going to put in?

Ollie is a young coach, calhoun had many years under his belt, Ollie can adjust

Reaction Score
Since you brought it up, who would you release from scholarship if you could?

Well, the recruiting season is over, so the practical answer is "nobody" (i.e. we couldn't replace any of those guys anyway).

In the hypothetical world where we could have a second, normal, year-long recruiting "draft" to replace the guys who are let go, I would jettison Samuel, Cassell, Calhoun, Lubin, Facey, and Nolan. (Note that this is 60% of the team and a lot more than I would have said in any prior year since about 1993.)

Brimah I would keep and see if his development pans out. Hamilton is going to be a stud when he develops confidence. Purvis I would keep as an off-the-bench energy/offense/play-when-hot guy. Boat is leaving, sadly. Everybody else is, in baseball parlance, "replacement level" or worse, for a program that should take seriously their claim to blue-blood status and aspire to be relevant every year.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
We would be pretty good if we played 3 on 3!

But yes, a lot is psyche and a lack of discipline.

Reaction Score

Not sure how Rodney gets in with Samuel and Facey? I mean he was working and he was our only other scorer. He hit the deck pretty hard a couple times and bounced back too. Though he played well, he gets hammered even when he does huh?

Reaction Score
Not sure how Rodney gets in with Samuel and Facey? I mean he was working and he was our only other scorer. He hit the deck pretty hard a couple times and bounced back too. Though he played well, he gets hammered even when he does huh?
He's our whipping boy. 18 points on 6-11 and he sucks.

That said, I would like him to drive--and potentially dish--more frequently. But it is not Purvis that I'm overly worried about next year. It's everyone else (sans DHam).

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Well, the recruiting season is over, so the practical answer is "nobody" (i.e. we couldn't replace any of those guys anyway).

In the hypothetical world where we could have a second, normal, year-long recruiting "draft" to replace the guys who are let go, I would jettison Samuel, Cassell, Calhoun, Lubin, Facey, and Nolan. (Note that this is 60% of the team and a lot more than I would have said in any prior year since about 1993.)

Brimah I would keep and see if his development pans out. Hamilton is going to be a stud when he develops confidence. Purvis I would keep as an off-the-bench energy/offense/play-when-hot guy. Boat is leaving, sadly. Everybody else is, in baseball parlance, "replacement level" or worse, for a program that should take seriously their claim to blue-blood status and aspire to be relevant every year.

I don't think you talk about players leaving.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
defensively he looked lost... if you look at my posts i have never been a rodney hater or basher

Reaction Score
I don't think you talk about players leaving.

That's not my understanding.

Speculating about transfers is forbidden. Saying "the team would be better off without [so-and-so]" is harsh, but not in the same category.

Reaction Score
That's not my understanding.

Speculating about transfers is forbidden. Saying "the team would be better off without [so-and-so]" is harsh, but not in the same category.
I'm not entirely sure I buy the distinction your making...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom