Do You Think Wvu Even Takes Their Own Lawsuit Seriously? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Do You Think Wvu Even Takes Their Own Lawsuit Seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In fairness what are Syracuse and Pitt doing? We don't know yet. My guess is they have just been sitting on the sidelines waiting to see what else happened to the Big East. See if WV left, if UL got an offer, what the Big East does, etc. I am not sold that Syracuse and Pitt intend to stay for 27 months. Not at all.

Totally agree. Syracuse and Pitt are hoping that others can do enough for the football conference to collapse, making the 27 months a moot point. There is some precedent - didn't BC get let out early, the year after the initial raid?

Reaction Score
There is no question that Marinatto and Providence have damaged the value of their football playing members.

If true, that is as far from being relevant to WVU's case as a fact could be. WVU's remedy for not liking the way the Big East is run is to give 27 months notice and leave.

And the thought expressed in a previous post to the effect that there is no morality in business dealings is absurd. It's something people with no morality say to make themselves feel better about being a**holes.

Reaction Score
At first I thought the 27 month rule was essentially worthless, now I'm not so sure. In 27 months the Big 12 could be gone and the Big East will have a new TV deal. What will WVU do if the B12 folds? Do you think they'll come crawling back?

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Totally agree. Syracuse and Pitt are hoping that others can do enough for the football conference to collapse, making the 27 months a moot point. There is some precedent - didn't BC get let out early, the year after the initial raid?

The 27 month requirement was put in after BC left the conference. It was part of the 'New Big East' agreement post the raid. It turns out to be the one single smart thing that the Big East did. While no one paid much attention at the time to the 27 month requirement.....it has turned out to be a huge issue and a very smart add by the conference!

Reaction Score
The 27 month requirement was put in after BC left the conference. It was part of the 'New Big East' agreement post the raid. It turns out to be the one single smart thing that the Big East did. While no one paid much attention at the time to the 27 month requirement.....it has turned out to be a huge issue and a very smart add by the conference!

When the last raid happened timing was not nearly as imperitive as it is now. This time around it will impact TV deals, conference survival, and the pecking order of the conferences for the period going forward. If the BE keeps the defecting schools around for 27 months the entire landscape could change for all of the parties involved. If not, the conference will more than likely reap a huge exit fee from each departing member. Either way, the BE certainly did a smart thing with the 27 month notification requirement.

Reaction Score
If true, that is as far from being relevant to WVU's case as a fact could be. WVU's remedy for not liking the way the Big East is run is to give 27 months notice and leave.

And the thought expressed in a previous post to the effect that there is no morality in business dealings is absurd. It's something people with no morality say to make themselves feel better about being a**holes.
I like most of your posts, I agree with the first part but the last part is only partly true.

I've been on the receiving end of business deals where the other party has no ethics. Not all business people are bad but there are enough who hide behind corporations and "gray" contract language to make a lot of people skeptical about the system. Sorry to get off point on you, but capitalism is an honor system that only works part of the time. The court system is a difficult, costly and uncertain path to obtain a remedy and unethical business people know it.

What WVU is doing is a perfect example. They know it's wrong and yet they proceed anyway; their filing is full of lies and inaccuracies. Nobody at WVU is on the hook personally for this unethical behavior.

How much will it costs the Big East to litigate this, millions? If the Big East didn't have deep pockets what would happen?

Reaction Score
I like most of your posts, I agree with the first part but the last part is only partly true.

I've been on the receiving end of business deals where the other party has no ethics. Not all business people are bad but there are enough who hide behind corporations and "gray" contract language to make a lot of people skeptical about the system. Sorry to get off point on you, but capitalism is an honor system that only works part of the time. The court system is a difficult, costly and uncertain path to obtain a remedy and unethical business people know it.

What WVU is doing is a perfect example. They know it's wrong and yet they proceed anyway; their filing is full of lies and inaccuracies. Nobody at WVU is on the hook personally for this unethical behavior.

How much will it costs the Big East to litigate this, millions? If the Big East didn't have deep pockets what would happen?

I don't disagree with any of it. But it doesn't change anything I said either. People like to think that they are moral people and what they do at work doesn't count. Good luck with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom