Do you still get up? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Do you still get up?

Reaction Score
Shamelessly I do. I'm an old arse fart acting looking forward to watching a bunch of young'uns make mucho mistakes, while learning the game of basketball. Come 9pm there will be only one thing on my mind. My wife could walk pass the screen naked and I'd holler 'foul!'. That's how bad I have it.

Problem with this team (and lately) is I'm starting to question if its all worth it. Yet over and over again I show up.

Just saying I keep doing the same thing over and over again, expecting different results. Hmmmmm?

Reaction Score
I don't think depression is the right word for what I've experience in regard to my UConn fandom.. But ever since it was announced that Louisville was joining the ACC over us, nothing's really mattered. Win or lose, its whatever. I do feel something at the extreme highs; beating in Houston in football, being lucky enough to be at MSG for our games vs ISU and MSU. Worked in the AD. Graduated from UConn. Donate to UConn. Its just not the same from when I was growing up, or when I attended. Maybe its just time eroding passion, but I know there are plenty older than myself who have more passion than I right now. I don't know.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Depends on if my LifeCall med-alert is working. It’s the way I feel about the whole team.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I used to be useless at work before a game like tonight. I read all of the useless articles and other fans' boards, and tried to manipulate my wife's social scheduling around games without her knowing and making fun of my fandom. I'm no longer that way. Part of it is my hatred of how conference realignment went. That's partially sour grapes, but I would've hated it even if we ended up in the ACC. The rest of my ambivalence is due to UConn's record and playing style. We lose, and we're not particularly fun to watch.

I will check the score occasionally, and I'll put the game on if it's close, but that's it. Part of me misses the anticipation of game day (and 24 hours before and after), but I guess I'm a more productive human being and a better husband and father now.

I'm a Mets fan and a Jets fan. You'd hate being me.

Reaction Score
It is hard to get up for these games. I have been looking for some sign, anything really, to make me think this team can turn it around including checking for Sidney Wilson and Gilbert updates daily, hoping that Az’ best player is still out. In the past, you always knew they would show up to play. This team not so much. I’ll be up and hoping they show us something.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No, I'm just hoping we don't get killed. It's funny how these things go. Back when I was a young fan, this would be the game of the year. Playing a ranked team! On national television, no less!

But it's not like UConn hasn't done this before. A 3-loss UConn team went in to Tuscon as a big underdog to play a ranked (top 10) Arizona team and came away with a hard fought OT victory. Of course that team had Caron Butler, Emeka Okafor, Ben Gordon, Johnny Selvie...

Reaction Score
In a word? No. I’ll still catch as many games as possible and try to go to a few games a year for football, men’s and women’s b-ball but as far as having it consume my day? Not anymore.

Hate to say it, but the conf realignment and seeing Rutgers in the B1G, BC and Cuse in the ACC - knowing we are a much better athletic school then more than half of the P5 has killed a lot of my enthusiasm for college sports. It’s sad. Even if we start winning again, it just won’t ever be the same for me.

Reaction Score
Hasn't really been up for regular season games since we left the BIG E. Also since we've started being marginal at best every year.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
Waltons starting up already. Beautiful tangents!!!! Just said we are the best team over the last 18 yrs. etc, etc,.......

Reaction Score
Appropriate timing for this thread. I had no idea this game was tonight until The Score alert popped up on my phone five minutes ago. :(

Reaction Score
I don’t see how you can be a fan and not get up for a big time game. ECU, Tulane, Tulsa? Ok I get it. But Arizona? I can’t fathom how you couldn’t get up for this game

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom