Do you still get up? | The Boneyard

Do you still get up?

Reaction Score
Are you excited? Do you start the day with your internal clock counting down until 7 pm? 9 pm? Whenever? Does the rest of the day seem like a blur until that moment? The anticipation being the only thing you can really concentrate on? Do fight songs and highlight plays loop in your head? Do you take comfort in the fact that you know what you'll be doing for two hours?

Do you pore over stats and threads and posts all day? Do you think of the players and coaches and realize that no matter how bad you want it, they probably want it even more? Do you put aside the criticisms and questions, if just for a moment, to get behind your team? Have a specific pair of socks to wear? Tie? T-shirt? Underwear? Have a need to get the Rolly's cold and the wings hot?

Do you consume UConn night and day? Does it make you nostalgic for your time there? Your time spent with your dad watching? Your brother? Your dorm mates? Your friends? Maybe even wistful when thinking of those days? Does a big game get you there? A big opponent? Does Coppin St. in December get you there? Does it pain you wanting for something you love so much to have the things it deserves? Do you bleed blue? Do you have ten toes in?

I do. Do you?

Last edited:

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
8C6488B5-1B23-4073-B356-9F5F360916DD.jpeg

Reaction Score
Are you excited? Do you start the day with an internal countdown clock until 7 pm? 9 pm? Whenever? Does the rest of the day seem like a blur until that moment? The anticipation being the only thing you can really concentrate on? Do fight songs and highlight plays loop in your head? Do you take comfort in the fact that you know what you'll be doing for two hours?

Do you pore over stats and threads and posts all day? Do you think of the players and coaches and realize that no matter how bad you want it, they probably want it even more? Do you put aside the criticisms and questions, if just for a moment, to get behind your team? Have a specific pair of socks to wear? Tie? T-shirt? Underwear? Have a need to get the Rolly's cold and the wings hot?

Do you consume UConn night and day? Does it make you nostalgic for your time there? Your time spent with your dad watching? Your brother? Your dorm mates? Your friends? Maybe even wistful when thinking of those days? Does a big game get you there? A big opponent? Does Coppin St. in December get you there? Does it pain you wanting for something you love so much to have the things it deserves? Do you bleed blue? Do you have ten toes in?

I do. Do you?
I'm with you Mano. I was all worked up and looking forward to the game yesterday, until about 3 pm, when I realized it was only Wednesday.

Reaction Score
Ya know it’s funny because I have been thinking about this a lot lately. My enthusiasm for college hoop in general has slipped no doubt due to our team’s play. Used to be I was watching all the play in the Big East and the top 25 to compare how we matched up, now not so much. I get up for the games and then the performances suck the life and joy out of me for basketball. Good teams have been thrashing us out there. Still rooting hard for these players, hoping things start to turn, but I realize that I’ve been spoiled by our past success, but honestly it hasn’t been the same. Going toe to toe with Az could start to do the trick though.

Reaction Score
Used to, dont that much anymore... maybe this game will change that though.

Reaction Score
I'm excited for tonight. I'm not expecting to win as the loss of Gilbert is devastating to the team, but I want to see a full effort for the entire game.

Reaction Score
Are you excited? Do you start the day with an internal countdown clock until 7 pm? 9 pm? Whenever? Does the rest of the day seem like a blur until that moment? The anticipation being the only thing you can really concentrate on? Do fight songs and highlight plays loop in your head? Do you take comfort in the fact that you know what you'll be doing for two hours?

I do. Do you?
Yes. Cause I’m not a fair weather fan and don’t expect things to be deserved or to come easy. It really is us against the world every game. Even in Connecticut and the boneyard. Go huskies!!!!

Reaction Score
I used to be useless at work before a game like tonight. I read all of the useless articles and other fans' boards, and tried to manipulate my wife's social scheduling around games without her knowing and making fun of my fandom. I'm no longer that way. Part of it is my hatred of how conference realignment went. That's partially sour grapes, but I would've hated it even if we ended up in the ACC. The rest of my ambivalence is due to UConn's record and playing style. We lose, and we're not particularly fun to watch.

I will check the score occasionally, and I'll put the game on if it's close, but that's it. Part of me misses the anticipation of game day (and 24 hours before and after), but I guess I'm a more productive human being and a better husband and father now.

Reaction Score
Yeah i used to pay attention to the teams and players especially in out conference. Now its mostly Uconn and thats it. Between conference reallignment, the APR ban while other schools cheated for years with nothing, and our general lousy play, ive grown more apathetic while still making an effort to watch all the games. Def been spoiled by the majority of most of my life UConn being such a dominate and fun team.

Reaction Score

I do. Do you?
Blessed with spirit Mano.

Always a better ride when we are winning. Just how it is.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I used to be useless at work before a game like tonight. I read all of the useless articles and other fans' boards, and tried to manipulate my wife's social scheduling around games without her knowing and making fun of my fandom. I'm no longer that way. Part of it is my hatred of how conference realignment went. That's partially sour grapes, but I would've hated it even if we ended up in the ACC. The rest of my ambivalence is due to UConn's record and playing style. We lose, and we're not particularly fun to watch.

I will check the score occasionally, and I'll put the game on if it's close, but that's it. Part of me misses the anticipation of game day (and 24 hours before and after), but I guess I'm a more productive human being and a better husband and father now.
Shame on you.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
We're playing a decent team. I have sangria
and buds. I'm off work. Waltons working the game to go along with my fresh buds. Why wouldn't I be up? I'm treating tonight's game like it's "Half - Baked" part 2. Go Huskies!!!!

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I've been hyped all week.

Just give me a game. Give me a season. We're more than capable of being competitive with the big boys on paper.

We just need some level of organized basketball for 40 min.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
We're playing a decent team. I have sangria
and buds. I'm off work. Waltons working the game to go along with my fresh buds. Why wouldn't I be up? I'm treating tonight's game like it's "Half - Baked" part 2. Go Huskies!!!!

Ill bring Wesley Pipes. Jus sayin.

Reaction Score
I always get up and I'll be up tonight thanks to my cell phone alarm since I'll fade into Bolivia around 8:00ish with me and my friend Tito. I'll watch with one eye open and I really hope they give me a reason to open both eyes. GO HUSKIES!

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
absolutely not. and it sucks.

i'm not going to lie to myself and fake the enthusiasm. used to be completely different

I'm going to watch and root for them, but the losing and the league have killed a lot of enthusiasm I have with UConn and college hoops in general.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom