Do we root for NC State tonight? | The Boneyard

Do we root for NC State tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm kind of torn on this. If NC State were to win tonight they'd have a shot at being ranked, and obviously anytime you can beat a ranked team that's huge. But the first priority is to win the game and NC State may be less motivated if they're coming off a tough loss.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Oh yes, I'm pulling for NC State to win in a blowout. Nothing would be better for us than that.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I'm kind of torn on this. If NC State were to win tonight they'd have a shot at being ranked, and obviously anytime you can beat a ranked team that's huge. But the first priority is to win the game and NC State may be less motivated if they're coming off a tough loss.

My philosophy (and the pollsters' philosophy) is that you want your opponents to win a lot of games when they are not playing you. That is the strength-of-schedule component that is so important in the BCS standings and the polls. No matter what they do, they are going to try to beat UConn, so you might as well have them play when NCState is ranked. Besides, it will look better when we beat them down...

Reaction Score
Never understood the "motivation" argument. Momentum is another thing, but I don't think motivation means ANYTHING in the first few games of the year. Whether you're 1-0, 0-2, whatever, it's so early in the year that you have to be fired up. If there's a few weeks left and you're well short of season goals that's another story.

In any event, we need a notable OOC win and it doesn't look like Randy is doing us any favors with that pathetic UMD squad. Let's go NC State

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
root hard for ncst!

the best part is that we will get a good look at what they have and plan for it all week. they have almost nothing to go on for us.

Reaction Score

I'd rather they come in confident after beating "SEC powerhouse" Tennessee. if they lose they'll be a lot more focused. if they win they probably won't take a "bottom half Big East" team very seriously.

i know Maryland is getting all the press in terms of coaches, but this game will reunite a pretty long running coaching rivalry between P and O'Brien. they played each other for about 7-8 years while at Cuse and BC. does anyone know their head to head record?

Reaction Score
My Q-Tip is ready for the NC State game.

am i the only one that doesn't know what this means? if it wasn't Carl I'd suspect it's slang for something, since it's from Carl I'm assuming it's a naval term

Reaction Score
No doubt u pull 4 NC St, When Uconn beat them, u go from unranked, 2 receiving votes, beat Maryland u ranked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis

Top Bottom