Do we have a game plan for other teams at any given night? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Do we have a game plan for other teams at any given night?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He's become our most problematic player on both ends. On offense, using him as a screener helps keep our big in the post, and keeps the ball out of his hands (critical for Newton). He can make passes out of that too, even if he's not a P&R threat.

On defense the 1-3-1 showcased how he can really get in the passing lanes and create issues. In Man, he has somehow become our worst defender. He seems to have a one track mind telling him he must steal the ball or block the shot, where what we really want is "don't let your guy drive by you or take an open shot". That's it. He should be really good at that but can't seem to resist going for the big play.
If so and I believe you are right; that is on the coach to yank him, repeat instructions, send him back in. I think it is obvious but DH inexplicably refuses to do that or wait until he gets really tangled up.
Not saying anything to him says "Its OK."

Reaction Score
On offense, we had a strategy for what to do if Jackson was given space and had Kunkel on him. Post up. It didn't work. Backup plan was to shoot and make wide open 3s.
I fail to see how doing much xactly what the OTHER coach wants you to do is a strategy. Other coaches dare Jax to shoot. So our plan is to have him shoot more?? That even lead to technicals in back to back games!

Reaction Score
How did we do when we played zone tonight??? MULTIPLE people on this board have been calling for that for several games now.
I think it's getting to the point where he may have no choice but to go full Boeheim (minus the nose picking) to compensate for our guard defense. Attacking guard blows by one of our guards in the half court, someone has to leave their man to help, and the attacker then kicks it out for the wide open three or down low to the big sliding untouched to the basket. Rinse. repeat.

Unfortunately Bazz and Boatright caliber on-ball defense isn't walking through that door anytime soon (not until this summer, hopefully).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom