Do we care that ND is getting hammered? or are we just too exhausted? (Merged) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Do we care that ND is getting hammered? or are we just too exhausted? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's over. Notre Dame is upset! And by an ACC team!!

Wow!

So it's #1 UConn
#2 Maryland
#3 Baylor
#4 Mississippi State?
#5 Florida State?

And UConn has beaten three of those four!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
If they get blown out, I'm voting that Maryland will be the new #2 team in the polls.

How does ND make up 17 points in ten minutes? Even Muffet can't pull that off.

And they're losing to NC State? Are you kidding me?

Agree, just what I was thinking:

Despite today's loss:

1. You know who....
2. Maryland
3. Baylor
4. ND

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
wolfpack.jpg

:)

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
I am for realz shocked. They will bounce back though. This could be like that phantom loss to Miami (I think it was Miami?) a few years ago.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Despite today's loss:

1. You know who....
2. Maryland
3. Baylor
4. ND
I would put FSU ahead of MD at this point. FSU just beat Miami in Miami handily.
UCONN
Baylor
FSU
MD
ND

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I still have Baylor at #2.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
This game was arguably won and lost at the free throw line.

ND - 4-11
NC State - 14-15

NC State made 10 more free throws and won by 8.

ND finally woke up in the 4th quarter (28 points) but couldn't get enough stops to close the gap. Good job by NC State of withstanding the rally and making timely shots.

Mabrey and Westbeld were good. The rest of the team was well off the pace.. Turner and Allen both having substandard games are a part of the recipe for ND getting upset and that's what happened tonight.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I am for realz shocked. They will bounce back though. This could be like that phantom loss to Miami (I think it was Miami?) a few years ago.
Not nearly the same situation that Miami loss came at a time when Reimer was deciding if she was in or out. She actually missed the game. I'm thinking Turner's off season sholder surgery and rehab not fully successful.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Not nearly the same situation that Miami loss came at a time when Reimer was deciding if she was in or out. She actually missed the game. I'm thinking Turner's off season sholder surgery and rehab not fully successful.

Meh, Turner played really well the last few games and looked back to All-American form after a slow start to the year. I doubt there is anything wrong physically (though you never know). She just didn't play well tonight.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I would put FSU ahead of MD at this point. FSU just beat Miami in Miami handily.
UCONN
Baylor
FSU
MD
ND

Yes. I agree. As much as it may stroke our ego to say losing to UCONN moves a team from #4 to #2, that is just nuts.
Baylor has done enough to stay #2 and FSU deserves to move up to #3. Pretty cool that the one team who almost upset us is showing how good they are.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
Thanks for refreshing my memory. I am not sure about Turner she is sometimes aggressive and sometimes not. She was really aggressive vs MSU. Probably the best I have seen her play since she has been at Notre Dame. This current version of the Irish seem to be missing that grit that they use to play with back in the Old Big East. I miss those days where they would really mix it up with us. When they had real blue collar players.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
From the box score, it looks like Arike has been a non-factor. Not a single player from ND in double digits.

Too much Christmas libations over the holiday. They weren't ready to play. It's bad enough to lose, but to an "un-ranked" team. That's scandalous. :eek: I mentioned earlier that the booghey man was lurking out there in the shadows seeking whom he may devour. This was a loss ND did not see coming.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Yes. I agree. As much as it may stroke our ego to say losing to UCONN moves a team from #4 to #2, that is just nuts.
Baylor has done enough to stay #2 and FSU deserves to move up to #3. Pretty cool that the one team who almost upset us is showing how good they are.

And it shows what a good "road" win it was for us as well.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
By no means an excuse but...

probably should avoid scheduling two road games in 3 days after Xmas break if at all possible in the future

NC State, meanwhile, hadn't played in 10 days and they certainly looked fresh.

Reaction Score

Despite today's loss:

1. You know who....
2. Maryland
3. Baylor
4. ND

I don't think ND remains in the top 5 now. Mississippi State is undefeated, while ND has lost to UConn AND an unranked team. Florida State lost by just two to UConn, while ND lost by a greater margin.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
It's over. Notre Dame is upset! And by an ACC team!!

Wow!

So it's #1 UConn
#2 Maryland
#3 Baylor
#4 Mississippi State?
#5 Florida State?

And UConn has beaten three of those four!
The only one they did not beat is the only one they did not play.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
By no means an excuse but...

probably should avoid scheduling two road games in 3 days after Xmas break if at all possible in the future

NC State, meanwhile, hadn't played in 10 days and they certainly looked fresh.

Obviously they had no choice with the NC State game.... was the UT-C game a return game from last season?

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Obviously they had no choice with the NC State game.... was the UT-C game a return game from last season?

From two years ago. They played at ND on 11-21-14.

Reaction Score
Firstly, I agree that Turner is overrated. Looking for a replay so that I can see if that was a chippie or not. :p

Secondly, an example of how little ESPN cares about Women's basketball, outside of UConn; there is no mention of this game in the seven "Top Headlines" on the NCAAW page. #2 losing to an UNRANKED team is BIG NEWS; is there a true journalist in Bristol?

Finally, this GREAT quote from Wolfpack coach Wes Moore

"All night long on ESPN, that (score) is going to be going across the ticker. I may just go home and sit in front of the TV for an hour and watch it: there it goes again, there it goes again."

Love that. There is nothing wrong with enjoying a big win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom