Do UConn fans have a team to “Hate” this year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Do UConn fans have a team to “Hate” this year?

Reaction Score
No team has ever won championship under two coaches except La Tech in the very early days. Not sure any team (other than LaTech) has even reached the Final Four after a championship coach has retired. U$C reaching he Elite 8 last year was a rarity for a former champion under a different staff.

Of course, the NCAA tournament has a rather short history and somebody's gonna do it again and it may well be UConn - or may not.
Purdue came close. Carolyn Peck was the coach when they won the 99 title, she then "retired" to the WNBA for a few years. Kristy Curry had Purdue back in the championship game in 2001 but they lost a heartbreaker to Notre Dame.

Very interesting time in Purdue WBB history. Lin Dunn had them in the 94 final 4, fired at end of 96, Nell Fortner replaced her and stayed 1 year before leaving to coach the Olympic team. Carolyn Peck coached for 2 years and then left for the WNBA, replaced by Curry. 4 head coaches in 5 years.

Reaction Score
Bransford clotheslined Liz Kitley a few games later. I don’t remember that being reviewed, but I couldn’t come up with a way it could possibly be a basketball play.

By the standard in the OP I couldn’t hate a team, but I could never like Notre Dame after a few stunts their players and coach pulled.
... plus all the flopping. Jeez! And yet there are players to admire there as well as others who are less likable. For example, it's hard not to like Soni Citron and Hannah Hidalgo. There's just a verve and vitality to them. But don't get me started on the Mabreys.

LV in the past, yes, too much bad blood that surfaced in games, and apparently something bad they did to Evina, though I have no idea what it was. But in the last few years there were so many players you just had to like -- Horston is at the top of that list as well as Burrell. But now, I'm not sure who's left to keep old enmities alive on Rocky Top.

Reaction Score
Perhaps they didn't. But in my heart I will cling to the bitter shadow of that memory. It's not fair to KK Bransford, but I may not ever forgive her.
No. They only shoved Edwards into her. And the Mabrey's had a habit of accidentally hitting UConn players in the throat or the face with their hands. And let's not forget Arike's double attack on Dangerfied. Just an unfortunate string of coincidences, for sure.

I just hate that shade of green. :rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackruy1

Top Bottom