Do UConn blow outs lack entertainment value? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Do UConn blow outs lack entertainment value?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think even the casual fan could appreciate the defensive intensity, steals, blocks, fast break, and stellar shooting. One team was really, really good.

Reaction Score
I think even the casual fan could appreciate the defensive intensity, steals, blocks, fast break, and stellar shooting. One team was really, really good.

Very true...for a while, then most non Husky fans will flip channels or go shopping.

Husky fans will watch every second...then maybe a few replays...before the next game ;)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I love the anticipation of not being able to wait to see what they do next. Its kinda like a mystery when you don't know what to expect but you know something is going to happen.

Reaction Score
If a fan loves basketball then I think they found this game entertaining. If they need close, competitive contests to maintain interest, then they likely wouldn't watch the second half.
One of the things I love about following this team is the purity of the play regardless of the score. It remains exemplary basketball even when the result is long since decided. In the men's game, perhaps due to the different nature of their game, a blowout tends to devolve. It can become showboating, dunking and chest thumping. Perhaps exciting for the hometown fans, but often sloppy and not team ball. UConn women tend to keep playing within the team concept (or Geno wont play them!) and still impressive to watch from a team basketball standpoint.
Were fans bored watching Secretariat win the Belmont by 30 lengths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom